August surf fishing and shark fishing

I’ve been mostly doing shark fishing at night when it’s windy so I can avoid the August heat but the other day I did a little surf fishing. I fished close to the rocks and had very good action. I caught a bunch of small spade fsh that pull really good for there size and could give a pin fish a run for it’s title as bait their. I also caught a few small blackdrum and red drum, on black drum was slot size and the spades were close to a lb, all were caught on fresh shrimp. I could see bigger reds swimming around but never caught one. I saw some mullet that are the start of our mullet run and it seems like it will be a good year.

Well as for the shark fishing the guys I started shark fishing of the beach with and myself have all been progressing over the last few years and it is really starting to show now. We all got bigger and better gear and we all are willing to go farther and harder then we used to. We used to avoid storm fishing and now it’s a key factor in our success. Any way here is a few pics from this months catches so far.

Wow. That is some nice ones.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

Awesome job
I can’t seem to hook up lately after doing well in the spring

Son of a… :open_mouth:

Those are some bigguns! Nice work:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Wow, thanks for posting!! Those are amazing pics. I look at this every day and there has not been much posting by the usual suspects. I only come to Folly once a year and was not allowed on the island in the spring. Hope to come in October.

BH

Chamber of commerce going to put a hit out on you .
If people only knew what we’re swimming right off the beach.
Just shows you they don’t want you for lunch.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

The bite is still on fire or maybe we are. Three over ten 2 hammers and a tiger over 11

Had to call in some back up and let the kids feel some of the weight and power

Pretty awesome, no doubt about it!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!