Back to Basics

Did not weight it in Trident.Sold it to sushi bar downtown,Santiago.Dont do the Trident thing.
Did not mean to fuel a pissing match, but I dont appreciate a fellow angler questioning my sincerity on a fishing report.Especially from an angler thats looked to as a super hero on this site.Anyway,he knows it was a true report.He called enough people to verify it.Amazing how small Charleston really is folks.

I vow to always report truth and no BS.You should too.

Nice fish, either way. Dont sweat it.

hey cry baby…

You might want to edit the self incrimination on your last post…unless you have an NMFS permit for snapper / grouper…and a wholesale lic…

and after talking to the man in the pic, He said the fish went about 22 lbs.

intronetfishermansuperheros

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Hey sells I did have a wholesale licence and after talking to the man in the pic he did not tel you it went 22lbs.He said 31.5 like it did .Talk about being a cry baby .You called people to see if it was true if someone caught a bigger fish than you? Im over this whole thing.Stop holding your fish so close to the camera so they look huge.Your no superhero like you claim to be.Anyday you want to go out and fish let me know.Your not the only one in Charleston that can tie a chicken rig and butterfly a b liner.

I bet you take bubble baths too.

Get over it.Try being a sportsman instead of cutting people down because they shared a pic of a good day of fishing.

People like you and your buddies on this site are why the best fisherman I know dont come on here.

Ill let you keep your fame on here.Dont worry.

quote:
Originally posted by Tryin_2_FISHMORE

[quote]Originally posted by Aberdeen

[IMG]

Not a snowballs chance in hell that ARS goes 30! That would put that 15 lb scamp in around 28…new state record.

When you post weights…its ok to stretch a little, but 10 pounds is going a little to far. If that ARS is over 30, you must be 7’ and 450 lbs.

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Maybe he was using Magezzi’s deer scale.

35.4/52= 66% of actual weight

31.5x.66=20.79# actual weight

Here’s a pic of a nice 22# I got this winter

Here is 32.5 lb from this winter…

Nice fish but a 30+ snapper is quite the stud…

It was 31.5. Get it right.I personally dont give a rats ass if you belive me or not.Im done with this pissing match with you.You know the truth.Get a life.You can catch some fish sells.Some big ones.Ill give you that.But why call me a liar? Did my crew beat your personal best? Who really gives a F$%&*.Before I registered with CF,I respected you as a fellow angler.Ive lost all respect for you and some of the other wanna bes on this site.I know that ARS went 31.5 and am tired of your s#$%.I have better things to do.

You are the man Sellsfish.

Maybe that scamp was a state record.I dont give a s%$!. I made $800.00 that night,paid for the trip,and had a freezer full of fish.

Let me know when we can have a fish off.My boys are ready.Money in hand.

checkmate!

Will ther be a a film crew there for the fish off? If so Ill take a copy of that tape ,so I can learn how to catch fish worth argueing over.

Lets cross some Eyes.

how is it that the above pictured fish “look” very similar in size and lenth yet weight 10# different?

girth

If the comedy channel on your XM goes out switch your VHF to 68.

Honest question, how were you able to sell them for $800? How long were they off ice for the glory shots? Is that an issue for folks eating it for sushi?

Polly Wanna…

quote:
Originally posted by 6FT. N GLASSY

how is it that the above pictured fish “look” very similar in size and lenth yet weight 10# different?

It depends on how close you hold a fish to the camera…an yes girth makes a big difference, that 32 pounder was a fat old pig…we guessed high twenties and weight came in above 32.

Aberdeens fish could be 30+ who knows, camera angles, distances, all that stuff makes it real hard to tell. Does’nt really matter anyway, it was a nice fish regardless.

If y’all have a fish off, pick a nice day so I can follow you out in my 17.5’ glitter boat. I’ll carry a few extra cans of gas and a camera.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

If y’all have a fish off, pick a nice day so I can follow you out in my 17.5’ glitter boat. I’ll carry a few extra cans of gas and a camera.

+1

I know a few things about some people and let me tell you this. Sellsfish and Courtland both have caught more big snapper (and posted pictures on CF) than anyone else on this website. They usually always post weights too. If Courtlands fish was 22, there’s no way not a chance that Aberdeen’s fish is 31. No way, unless it had a handful of sinkers in its belly, it just wouldn’t go that big.

And Sells is the king of judging a fish and guessing the weight. On no less than 25 different occasions, I’ve seen him guestimate the weight on a grouper or snapper that he or someone else on the boat has caught and he’s always within a pound. Always.

I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’, ya know?

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

i love pics of interesting things and those pics were fantastic. i typically thank people for sharing good fishing pics. a picture of the inside of bessingers with 23 eating some mustard q does nothing for me.

congratz

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=81919

Test…Test…

Guess the weight within 2 lbs and you are a true intronetfishermansuperhero!

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, he’ll sit on his boat and drink beer all day”

If the comedy channel on your XM goes out switch your VHF to 68.

What we need around here is a calibrated internet scale…