Back to Basics

quote:
Originally posted by Sea Gull

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=81919

Test…Test…

Guess the weight within 2 lbs and you are a true intronetfishermansuperhero!

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, he’ll sit on his boat and drink beer all day”

31#

But how do you know your scale is correct, just asking.

I calibrated my boat scale @ 25# and 50# using the already certified scale(#5000) at my shop.

The fish were weighed by DNR at a local Tournament. Can I assume that this scale was acurate?

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, he’ll sit on his boat and drink beer all day”

quote:

The fish were weighed by DNR at a local Tournament. Can I assume that this scale was acurate?

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

Absolutely, relatively speaking. So what did it weigh?

I’m not taking any sides and I dont know either sells or the other party personally. I do however know plenty about bottom fishn and have caught plenty of big reds and grps as some of the others on here are aware of. that fish could be 30lbs, not sayn it is. first of all look at the pic with all the fish and look at the guys foot for some kind of basic measure. given that the smallest scamp on that cooler is 20 inches and that the biggest b-liner is almost football size. The biggest scamp is no record breaker but that is a very nice scamp. I have plenty of experience with pictures and the deception they can show. the first pic with the red and scamp don’t do either fish any justice, however you can see he is holding the fish somewhat close to him and at least you can see that the length modestly goes from the guys mouth to below his shirt, and i have found heavy reds have MUCH more girth than length. the pics of the other reds on here are “picture perfect” with them still alive, full of color, and “Puffed out” for lack of a better phrase. also i’m wondering what size the cooler is with the pic that has the red in it. If thats 100 plus qt cooler then that is also a good reference. anyway, thats my 2 cents:sunglasses:

Nice mule, Aberdeen.

Standing by for Sells estimate!:slightly_smiling_face:

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

I just want to catch one big enough to have such a discussion about.Heck Ill lie about the weight.Anyway you look at it thats a heck of a day fishing.

Lets cross some Eyes.

quote:

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=81919

Test…Test…

Guess the weight within 2 lbs and you are a true intronetfishermansuperhero!

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

I’ll give you 36…even with the T hat…

Did somebody say snapzilla?

I’m better with snapper/ grouper but I will say 44lbs

intronetfishermansuperheros

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Sells - 44 lbs
catalac - 36 lbs
court - 31 lbs
mule - 26 lbs

And the true intronetfishermansuperhero is…

catalac!

35.3 lbs

When I boted it I figured it was bout 40 lbs. Last yr my buddy caught one on my boat, he was sure it was bout 40 lbs…weighed in at 27 lbs and some change.

Sea Gull
208 Grady White
200 Merc

Was guessing 37 lbs but was too late b/c you already gave answer…I got a call from Stress earlier and told me about this thread. Man this is like a woman and the Twilight series books! Can’t look up for one second b/c it’s just too ■■■■ good. That’s a hog of a snapper there. I would guess atleast 25-30lbs. Scales are always off…Pictures don’t tell the whole story. Caught my 1st keeper ARS that went 21" and on the picture it looked about the size of an average B-liner

quote:
Originally posted by Plan C

my boat won’t even run without fried chicken and cold beer

Look at the 2nd picture of my buddy holding the ARS. IMO by looking at the pic I would say no way a legal ARS but I haven’t caught but 3 of them since living in SC and any before that was from the age of 12 yrs or younger…

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=79858

quote:
Originally posted by Plan C

my boat won’t even run without fried chicken and cold beer

Dang, I was gonna put about 35 lbs*…

Polly Wanna…

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker

Dang, I was gonna put about 35 lbs*…

Polly Wanna…

That’s funny, I was gonna say 35.2999lbs…:smiley:

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150
God is GOOD!! ALL the time!!</font id=“blue”>

Nice Haul Aberdeen!

I have to agree with stress on this one, I’d just like to catch a fish big enough to post a picture and start a controversy about how much it weighs!

Itch - “I caught this 3.2 lb Bulletthead Sea Mackerel Rock Wahoo Trout on an old crispy critter in 8000 feet!”

CF - “Did not!”

Itch - “Did too!”

White Trash
Sea Fox 236
200HP Suzuki

easy guess…I figured it looked like half the weight of the 72 pounder I caught earlier this year…

quote:
Originally posted by catalac

easy guess…I figured it looked like half the weight of the 72 pounder I caught earlier this year…

Dude, that thing doesn’t go an oz. over 50#!!!:wink:

believe i was 8 years old before i caught one that big.

care to guess a weight on this little puppy?

I love how sellsboy is lecturing people about having the right permits! Remember oyster season? LOL.

Good catch Aberdeen. That fish goes thirty easy.