Bad Idea

Being ready is not what matters.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/01/suspect-dressed-black-allegedly-kicks-marine-veterans-door-does-not-live-tell/

Should have looked for a gun free zone sign.

Related story…

(The idiot grandfather helps explain why his grandson and friends were oxygen thieves.)

Dead criminal’s family complains victim’s AR-15 made the fight unfair

In case you haven’t already heard, a 23-year-old man from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma made headlines this week when he shot and killed three teenage home invaders. The three teens had robbed the garage earlier that day, then returned to try the main house.
They awoke Zach Peters, the homeowner’s son, who grabbed his AR-15 and defended himself against 3 armed and masked intruders. Max Cook, 19; Jacob Redfearn, 17; and Jake Woodruff, 16, were shot and killed.

Cook’s 21-year-old girlfriend, get-away driver, and “robbery mastermind”, Elizabeth Rodriguez was arrested and charged with three counts of both first degree murder and burglary. Her murder charges come from the felony murder rule which charges anyone involved in a felony with murder if a death occurs during or due to the felonious act.

Now the family of one of the deceased criminals is complaining. They don’t believe it was fair that Peters was allowed to defend himself with an AR-15 when the criminals were only armed with knives and brass knuckles.

Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of Jacob Redfearn, says his grandson made a bad choice but didn’t deserve to die. “What these three boys did was stupid,” said Leroy Schumacher to ABC News. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

Schumacher complains that it wasn’t a fair fight and his grandson didn’t have a chance to defend himself… while breaking into another man’s home and attempting to rob him. “Brass knuckles against an AR-15, come on, who was afraid for their life,” he continued.

Zach Peters has not, and will not be charged with a crime for a justified shooting of three armed intruders and Schumacher is furious. “There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Sounds like the shooter was perfectly justified. These kids took a risk with their lives and lost. That being said, it’s a tragedy all around. Sure, they were thieves, but they were also someone’s kids, grandchildren, brother, friend, etc.

Hate to say it but he did the world a favor. Starting out doing that at such young age could only imagine what they would have been into or done in 10 years or so from now. I personally have no sympathy for stupid people. .

Mess with the Bull you get .223 horns

Mr. Schumacher, did you ever take Jacob fishing, or other activity and share your thoughts on what’s right from wrong?

quote:
Originally posted by wearthefishes

Mr. Schumacher, did you ever take Jacob fishing, or other activity and share your thoughts on what’s right from wrong?

What if he actually did? Believe it or not, some teens don’t listen to their parents.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

What if he actually did? Believe it or not, some teens don’t listen to their parents.

First off, I really could care less if the "grandfather" did or not. Ma and dad are probably in jail or making meth. Your liberal lines follow you everywhere, don't they.

They took that risk when they decided to do some B&E. The dumbasses didn’t have brass knuckles to help them knock on the door harder.

quote:

First off, I really could care less if the “grandfather” did or not. Ma and dad are probably in jail or making meth. Your liberal lines follow you everywhere, don’t they.

My liberal lines? No, it's my concern for the well being of other people. Believe it or not, it's actually okay to care about others. You should try it sometime.

I can honestly say that if my son grows up and does something like this at the age of 16, I won’t be saying, “good for that ****er!!!” Again, you will have to read a bit harder to see what I am saying. My sympathy is NOT for the thieves. It’s for all of the people that cared about those thieves. They are probably mourning the loss of a loved one, even if their loved one was a douche.

Maybe we come from different backgrounds, but I don’t see anything here worth cheering about.

Again, the shooter was justified. He did what he had to do. But someone’s kid still died.

quote:
quote:

First off, I really could care less if the “grandfather” did or not. Ma and dad are probably in jail or making meth. Your liberal lines follow you everywhere, don’t they.

My liberal lines? No, it's my concern for the well being of other people. Believe it or not, it's actually okay to care about others. You should try it sometime.

I can honestly say that if my son grows up and does something like this at the age of 16, I won’t be saying, “good for that ****er!!!” Again, you will have to read a bit harder to see what I am saying. My sympathy is NOT for the thieves. It’s for all of the people that cared about those thieves. They are probably mourning the loss of a loved one, even if their loved one was a douche.

Maybe we come from different backgrounds, but I don’t see anything here worth cheering about.

Again, the shooter was justified. He did what he had to do. But someone’s kid still died.

Sorry, trans died on my truck today.
quote:

Sorry, trans died on my truck today.

Ouch. I sympathize for you also!
quote:

Sounds like the shooter was perfectly justified. These kids took a risk with their lives and lost. That being said, it’s a tragedy all around. Sure, they were thieves, but they were also someone’s kids, grandchildren, brother, friend, etc.

Just imagine it was 40"red. … just kidding… ~~~

No this was not a tragedy!! Dam@ hooligans are dead and now judged. Yes they were someone’s kids, but so what!!! So sorry so sad, Glad us taxpayers do not have to pay someone studying why they did this crime. and then 40k+ a year on prison tax money.

No tragedy all around. Praise God the young man took out the home invaders. What if his sister was home and he did nothing and they decided to take her INNOCENCE??? Come on Skinny you are getting soft. GOD understands that Aholes need to come to justice. We sure can not judge them here. BUT … GOD can.

Edit: Can’t say if I’m sorry for the parents as I do not know them or how they raised their children. Maybe they do deserve a silent prayer… one sent for the parents. Sincerely I did send a prayer for the parents and friends of these scum. Hopefully their life and lives end will give pause to those that look to crime.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I’m with skinneej on this. There is more to this story. If they rushed the guy with the gun…I can’t say cause I wasn’t there. You shoot all three of them in the foot and they get a chance to change their ways.

They have no more chances now.

Cant wait to see how this plays out.

Shoot them in the foot and they have a chance to sue you and waste tax dollars.

If they hadn’t be armed I would have some sympathy.

However they were armed punks and paid the price. Only problem I see is that he endangered others down range by using an AR. 3 rounds of #4’s in the 12ga would have cleaned house with less risk to others.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Shoot them in the foot and they have a chance to sue you and waste tax dollars.

If they hadn’t be armed I would have some sympathy.

However they were armed punks and paid the price. Only problem I see is that he endangered others down range by using an AR. 3 rounds of #4’s in the 12ga would have cleaned house with less risk to others.

First, Most, Biggest

How do you know he didnt know what was down range? Do you know what was behind them? Maybe thats the AR was the only option he had.

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

I’m with skinneej on this. There is more to this story. If they rushed the guy with the gun…I can’t say cause I wasn’t there. You shoot all three of them in the foot and they get a chance to change their ways.

They have no more chances now.

Mdaddy, never never never pull a gun and shoot a man to wound. A wounded Human is the most dangerous creature on the Planet. If (GOD forbid) there is ever a reason to use a gun on another Human be ready to kill or turn tail and run.

Maybe they would have changed, I doubt it but we’ll never know so no need to argue that angle. What if it was not an AR-15 but a Rugar p85 9mm pistol instead? and all three were just as dead. Do you think that would have been less unfair?

How about a .12 gauge as Great White suggested, would that have mattered? Not to me. I really do feel the anguish the parents are feeling, but you invade another man’s home armed with brass knuckles and knives you pay the price. If the Kids were right with the Lord in their heart, they are in a better place anyway. If not… I do pity their souls. But nothing you or I could have done to change it. Let’s just continue to raise our children right and pray for the best.

By the way, I’ve seen what brass knuckles can to to a human. Nasty weapon, knives can be even worse.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

The 2nd amendment in proper use