Best barbecue in SC comes from the Upstate

http://www.postandcourier.com/blog/raskin_around/best-barbecue-in-south-carolina-comes-from-the-upstate-southern/article_519cff4a-0f2a-11e7-bc0b-d78e778b32d1.html

So can I send a slap through a message, because I see ketchup on pulled pork there and something is calling this the best bbq in this state… tell the voters to go back up north because that pic makes it obvious that they are not local.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

So can I send a slap through a message, because I see ketchup on pulled pork there and something is calling this the best bbq in this state… tell the voters to go back up north because that pic makes it obvious that they are not local.

Say it again for the people in the back

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

looks like that stuff they try to pass off as bbq up here in NC!!
im slowly converting these people ,one by one , over to the blessed mustard based gold that cant even be bought up here
im having to smuggle the Shealys sauce across state lines every time I make a trip down and back!!

84 HYDRA SPORT 1800SS
89 Yamaha 150
‘BAD HABIT’
89 TRACKER 17 TX
MERC 50
‘OL LEAKY’

I am sure everyone gets partial to their favorite joint. For me there is no substitute for Little Pigs in Myrtle Beach or Bessinger’s in Charleston. I always find myself comparing others to those and they just never can match. Must have that bold Carolina Gold, or it just doesn’t work. A good spicy vinegar is good every now and then, but not the gold standard.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Ketchup and mustard be darned. That stuff is for hamburgers :stuck_out_tongue:

If you can’t read the newspaper through it (vinegar) its not fit to put on bbq.

You idiots all need to make a trip to Orangeburg on a Thursday.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

You idiots all need to make a trip to Orangeburg on a Thursday.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Still need to give Dukes a try. Do they have brisket on the buffet? Or is just ribs, pulled, and chicken?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

No brisket. I keep a quart of sauce on my refrigerator at all times. It would be good on a cat turd…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard

meat with vinegar on it is what we call hash (and ive never liked that stuff either !!!)

84 HYDRA SPORT 1800SS
89 Yamaha 150
‘BAD HABIT’
89 TRACKER 17 TX
MERC 50
‘OL LEAKY’

Some sauces are good but imo a good slow smoked top hog needs nothing but to be eaten.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by poboy
quote:

meat with vinegar on it is what we call hash (and ive never liked that stuff either !!!)

84 HYDRA SPORT 1800SS
89 Yamaha 150
‘BAD HABIT’
89 TRACKER 17 TX
MERC 50
‘OL LEAKY’

And that is why Shealy’s is gross. Nothing in bbq is supposed to have vinegar, except for maybe basting the hog while it’s cooking. I swear, someone who knows how to make good hash and a sauce that doesn’t taste like vomit could easily put Shealy’s out of buisiness. They do have really good food if you avoid the sauce and the hash.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Some sauces are good but imo a good slow smoked top hog needs nothing but to be eaten.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

AMEN!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Do any of you go to Three Little Pigs in Goose Creek? Its not the best BBQ in the south, but the $11 lunch buffet is hard to beat. I would give it 8 outta 10 stars. Try it and bring your appetite.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:
Originally posted by poboy
quote:

84 HYDRA SPORT 1800SS
89 Yamaha 150
‘BAD HABIT’
89 TRACKER 17 TX
MERC 50
‘OL LEAKY’

And that is why Shealy’s is gross. Nothing in bbq is supposed to have vinegar, except for maybe basting the hog while it’s cooking. I swear, someone who knows how to make good hash and a sauce that doesn’t taste like vomit could easily put Shealy’s out of buisiness. They do have really good food if you avoid the sauce and the hash.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I will admit Hite’s has waaay better bbq sauce than Shealys
but its not sold in stores that I know of
Im a fan of all mustard based sauces from all over SC
Dukes- Maurices- Bessingers all whip that ketchup and straight vinegar stuff they call bbq sauce in the rest of the country!!!

84 HYDRA SPORT 1800SS
89 Yamaha 150
‘BAD HABIT’
89 TRACKER 17 TX
MERC 50
‘OL LEAKY’

quote:

Go on and git ya some of that brisket from Swig and Swine in West Ashley…

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

Go on and git ya some of that brisket from Swig and Swine in West Ashley…

We used to go to a place on 17 between Summerville and Monks Corner. 8 years ago? They had the best brisket I think I’ve ever had. Put sauce on my piece and we are gonna fight. Delicious just as served. BBQ was good too. I heard they moved? You could say the name and I wouldn’t remember. small place. closer to M.C.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Do any of you go to Three Little Pigs in Goose Creek? Its not the best BBQ in the south, but the $11 lunch buffet is hard to beat. I would give it 8 outta 10 stars. Try it and bring your appetite.

We went for dinner one night. Won’t go again. Just wasn’t impressed.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Brisket belongs in another thread.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Brisket belongs in another thread.

Lewis’s bbq downtown has some awesome brisket… puts swig and swine to shame

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.