Best barbecue in SC comes from the Upstate

I’d like to throw the McRib sandwich in the mix, highly underrated when it comes to BBQ.

quote:
Originally posted by FishinMission
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Brisket belongs in another thread.

Lewis’s bbq downtown has some awesome brisket… puts swig and swine to shame

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

That stuff is a whole other level good. Those guys are cool too if you ask they’ll show you around the pits explain the construction etc.

Affirmative, I hired Lewis to cater my Christmas party,and the owner showed up to serve. Best brisket around , hands down.

Best pulled pork bbq in town?http://www.rodneyscottsbbq.com/

Go to Sweatman’s, out in Holly Hill. You know it’s good when they are only open Friday and Saturday and have been in business since 1977!
http://sweatmansbbq.com/History.htm

I’ve changed too many diapers in my days to have to eat anything that looks like bessingers BBQ. The best I ever had is Lexington BBQ in Lexington NC along I 85. True slow wood cooked butts, chopped - you can get it with or without sauce. I like it without sauce on a bun with the red coleslaw and liberal use of tabasco & cold beer

runbabyrun, you should be beat with a club:face_with_head_bandage:

Only quality cuts of pork go into McRib, I wonder what they paint those black lines with:smiley:

They use your Black Humor:face_with_head_bandage:

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

I’d like to throw the McRib sandwich in the mix, highly underrated when it comes to BBQ.

Well played sir.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

You idiots all need to make a trip to Orangeburg on a Thursday.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

This, Close thread

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Go to Sweatman’s, out in Holly Hill. You know it’s good when they are only open Friday and Saturday and have been in business since 1977!
http://sweatmansbbq.com/History.htm

When was the last time you ate at Sweatmans bbq?

Been a while! Used to work near Holly Hill, so it was a once every 2 month thing!

Dukes BBQ in Walterboro, closely followed by Dukes James Island… You bunch of rookies.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

runbabyrun, you should be beat with a club:face_with_head_bandage:

I second that!! I’ve had one and will never ever have another. Disgusting!!!

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Dukes BBQ in Walterboro, closely followed by Dukes James Island… You bunch of rookies.

Terry does a good job in Walterboro, and I don’t just say that because we are kin. This is off the BBQ but the Fried Chicken and potatoes are best around as well. Good hash too. IMO.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by xman
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Do any of you go to Three Little Pigs in Goose Creek? Its not the best BBQ in the south, but the $11 lunch buffet is hard to beat. I would give it 8 outta 10 stars. Try it and bring your appetite.

We went for dinner one night. Won’t go again. Just wasn’t impressed.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

You also aren’t trying to feed fat rednecks!!!

BBQ is like fishing, It’s what you grew up on! The upstate is mostly all tomato base, the midlands seem to be mustard base and the coast is vinegar. I make a sauce with brown sugar, tomato paste, mustard, balsamic vinegar, onion powder,and a hot sauce (Tennessee sunshine)and Kayro syrup.

quote:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Grew up in Charleston visiting grand parents in Cameron. 40 years ago Dukes was it. No competition. They moved from Cameron to Orangeburg. Haven’t had any REAL Dukes BBQ for a while. May have to road trip to Orangeburg soon.

That having been said, Hometeam on hwy 61 is the best brisket available.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:
Originally posted by PalmerScott
quote:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Grew up in Charleston visiting grand parents in Cameron. 40 years ago Dukes was it. No competition. They moved from Cameron to Orangeburg. Haven’t had any REAL Dukes BBQ for a while. May have to road trip to Orangeburg soon.

That having been said, Hometeam on hwy 61 is the best brisket available.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Hometeam doesn't hold a candle to Lewis in the brisket dept. Hometeam has great wings and bourbon....The DT one has Pappy 10 yr for $18/oz.

Brisket goes to Lewis’
Ribs goes to Rodney Scotts.
after you have the above, pulled pork falls off the radar.

The last time I visited Home Team (N. Charleston) the pulled pork was soaked in vinegar. It was terrible. I tried their sauce and it had even more vinegar. Oh, and they didn’t have mashed potatoes at that location so it was an unpleasant experience before we finished ordering.