Best barbecue in SC comes from the Upstate

If you answered “home team”, then you misunderstood the question.

I can do pulled pork as good or better than most anyone (I’m sure most here can). That’s not hard…at all. It’s the most forgiving piece of meat out there.

This argument is about sauce, basically.

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1

I can do pulled pork as good or better than most anyone (I’m sure most here can). That’s not hard…at all. It’s the most forgiving piece of meat out there.

Any asshat can do a butt or 3, lets see you mass produce 500lbs and have it consistent.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1

Any asshat can do a butt or 3, lets see you mass produce 500lbs and have it consistent.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

What’s so hard about it? Give me a large enough smoker and it can be done fairly easily.

Even in the fog?

quote:

Even in the fog?

fog scares me not

Don’t care what anyone says. If you have a BBQ business it’s a lot of work! You can’t just wake up one day and decide to take off. It’s time to make the Donuts:frowning_face::wink: I do like the occasional NC Outer Banks, vinegar based sauce!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Don’t care what anyone says. If you have a BBQ business it’s a lot of work! You can’t just wake up one day and decide to take off. It’s time to make the Donuts:frowning_face::wink: I do like the occasional NC Outer Banks, vinegar based sauce!

Who is saying that?

Me SchoolsOut. As much as I like BBQ and feeding people good food, I don’t think I could do that day in day out! Someone that does and I don’t care what kind of sauce they like, has my respect, I’m glad they are around, so I can indulge myself without doing all the work for a pulled pork sandwich!

Amen!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Me SchoolsOut. As much as I like BBQ and feeding people good food, I don’t think I could do that day in day out! Someone that does and I don’t care what kind of sauce they like, has my respect, I’m glad they are around, so I can indulge myself without doing all the work for a pulled pork sandwich!

I wouldn’t want to do it day in/out, either…I thought we were talking about best bbq, not hard jobs

quote:

[/quote]

Nope… If i did three all would be a little different.

Where the consistency comes in for me is when I boil the butts. When they are on sale I’ll put 8 in a big pot slow boil for 6-8 hours with onions, garlic, and liquid smoke. let cool and pull apart and remove/squeeze out fat put in a pan and after a little Winningham’s Golden(or any sauce of choice) tastes as good or or almost as good as on the grill. (ok not as good as smoked) A good sprinkle of Butt Rub spice, super moist and tender. Put the rest in freezer bags for later meals. Use for a quick meal on rice, by itself or on Hawaiian buns.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”