Best sandwich in Charleston area?

Is there a local sammich any better than the Tattoed Moose’s duck club? Had it again yesterday and forgot how fricken awesome that thing is.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

My favorite sammich is the Super Sub at Tony’s Famous Pizza in Georgetown, but for a local club sammich, McAllisters can make a pretty good club if you customize it. Get the club but swap the ham for roast beef and have 'em add horseradish to it.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I’ve had the burgers at the Moose, never the club. Had a really excellent burger at Moe’s Crosstown. Coming down tomorrow for a few days, may have to try that club sam. Anyone know anything about the Bay Street Bier Garden?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

The first rule of knowing about the best sandwich in town is you don’t talk about it. With that being said, Stacks Coastal Kitchen puts out a Turkey/avocado that is OOC

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Can’t speak to the best, as I haven’t tried many in town, and have not tried those mentioned, but have been very pleased with sandwich or subs from East Bay Deli.

quote:
Originally posted by bigjim5589

Can’t speak to the best, as I haven’t tried many in town, and have not tried those mentioned, but have been very pleased with sandwich or subs from East Bay Deli.

You must not have had the steak.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Anyone know anything about the Bay Street Bier Garden?

I work next door. It’s fine but not my first choice depending on if I’m drinking beers or not. Convenient for me. This weekend is going to be an absolute zoo anywhere downtown with the Bridge Run.

East Bay Deli, really? Come on now.

Ted’s Butcherblock. You’re welcome.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Agree about the Duck club. One of the best tasting sandwiches there are. I have to say the Southern General on Johns has some (**() good sandwiches as well.

Some good sammiches listed above.
But my vote is for the “Boxcar” at Boxcar Betty’s.

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Kiosk

Boxcar Betty’s.

they are on my list of places to go next…

also heard there’s a new place on Folly Rd named Yous Guys, authentic Italian sammiches…thinking a muffaletta is in my futuro!

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by Moral Kiosk

Boxcar Betty’s.

they are on my list of places to go next…

also heard there’s a new place on Folly Rd named Yous Guys, authentic Italian sammiches…thinking a muffaletta is in my futuro!

The sodium in a muffaletta has to be measured in grams instead of milligrams but they are delicious.

The duck club is an excellent sandwich. Some others are the grilled cheese and braised short rib sandwich with the caramelized onions, truffle aioli and Dipping jus at Tavern and Table. Tell them you want to sub out the chips for homemade fries and soak up that gravy. Another great sandwich is the large gyro at Papa Zu’s. They take the gyro to the next level with incredible imported ingredients and prepare them properly. It is truly the best gyro anywhere. Side of pasta salad with feta. They do a great job but are very slow. Looking for a Italian sandwich the muffuletta at Joey Tomatoes is made with love from an Italian from Jersey. It has incredible crunchy bread, Genoa Salami, sweet sopresetta, mortadella, provalone and green olive relish. Baked warm with a side of their potato salad it is a fantastic sandwich. It’s the #11. Honorable mention goes to the Mcrib. Highly underrated pork BBQ sandwich. Got to ask for extra pickle and onion and they have to make it fresh for you, so you know it’s not been sitting in the window :smiley:

Seems y’all brought up the muffuletta while I was typing :smiley:

The burgers at Teds Butcherblock on Saturdays are always on point. With that being said there has always been a soft spot on my heart for Ye Old Fashions BLT. It’s nothing special but it never disappoints.

Papa Zuzu’s in Mt. Pleasant Singnture Gyro…get double meat :wink:.

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Hen and Goat on Folly Rd has some (**() good sammiches too. Typically have a rotating fish sandwich special. Last 2 times I did the fish special was swordfish and golden tile.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Duck Club at the Moose
Brisket Sub at Smoky Oak
Pretty much ANY burger at Blues Cajun Kitchen
Pastrami Burger at LaTabela

When HomeTeam does their Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Special, it is pretty special.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

The southern general on Johns Island has a Spicy Seasame Shrimp sandwich that is about as good as any sandwich I’ve ever had, I always finish it wishing I ordered two though. Honorable mention to the Ribeye Sandwich I got last week at Blackbird Market on bohicket, also love the duck club. The Johns Island food situation has been getting alot better the last couple years.

It’s April, the only sandwhich anyone should be concerned about is a soft shell crab, lightly fried, with coleslaw and roumalade.