Best sandwich in Charleston area?

quote:
Originally posted by salty849

It’s April, the only sandwhich anyone should be concerned about is a soft shell crab, lightly fried, with coleslaw and roumalade.

From where?

Penny’s place

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by Moral Kiosk

Boxcar Betty’s.

they are on my list of places to go next…

also heard there’s a new place on Folly Rd named Yous Guys, authentic Italian sammiches…thinking a muffaletta is in my futuro!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Been to Yous Guys a few times. Philly is awesome. Not a sit and eat place, have some outside tables. standing room inside.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

It’s April, the only sandwhich anyone should be concerned about is a soft shell crab, lightly fried, with coleslaw and roumalade.

From where?

Tw grahams, seewee, shem creek bar and grill…

Where is Penny’s place?

Rutledge Cab had a turkey meatloaf sandwhixh that was incredible. Have not seen it on the menu lately. I think it may just run a a special from time to time. The duck club iat the moose if very good. Someone else mentioned the burgers at Moe’s and they are awesome. They also have really good wraps.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

From where?

Tw grahams, seewee, shem creek bar and grill…

Help me out on this one. As long as I’ve been around here, I’ve seen em, but never eaten any soft shell crabs. Is the complete crab fried or do they clean it first?

Cut the face off with scissors and lift the flap on each side and remove the gills. Awesome eats.

NN

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

Cut the face off with scissors and lift the flap on each side and remove the gills. Awesome eats.

NN

So the “dead man’s fingers” are basically all removed and you eat top and bottom “shell”?

Basically yep, we remove the apron as well. A few snips with scissors to cut off mouth parts & eyes, remove deadman fingers & apron, cover with batter (flour, S&P) saute/fry in real butter, both sides about 5 to 10 minutes each. The softer the better, stay away from paper shells. Out of diversity you can go either male or female to avoid discrimination.

I wouldn’t try em though Fred, very addictive.

We went to a new place in Mt. P not too far from Whole Foods and got tried to order a club but substitute the ham with roast beef and add horseradish…they couldn’t do it. I gave them a puzzled look on my face. Then a guy came out and said he could fix his $11 roast beef sandwich and add turkey to it for another $5.00 but cautioned the sandwich was going to be huge. OK…enough for 2 meals.

We got 2 sandwiches with what was described as “unlimited replenishment of iced tea”…came to $42. We paid, but to quote from the movie Used Cars…“That’s too effin high.”

Ate my sandwich in one sitting, wasn’t all that special so I’m one and done.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

There’s a sandwich place next to the Krazy Owl place on John’s Island… Seats about 15 people total. You’ll thank me. Everything there is amazing. Great beer choice too.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

[quote]Originally posted by 23Sailfish

There’s a sandwich place next to the Krazy Owl place on John’s Island… Seats about 15 people total. You’ll thank me. Everything there is amazing. Great beer choice too.

That would be Southern General and yes, great sandwiches.

I’m gonna have to say Joey Tomatoes in Mount Pleasant isn’t the best sandwich I’ve had in Charleston, but the best sandwich I’ve ever had in my entire life. When family or friends come to visit from the upstate, I make sure they get to try a Joey Tomatoes sandwich before they leave.

I always get the #10, roast beef.

will somebody text me when the dust settles and the best sandwich is crowned? haven’t had time to read all this

I can remember when this site used to talk about fishin

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

will somebody text me when the dust settles and the best sandwich is crowned? haven’t had time to read all this

look up top fool…O F F T O P I C…I’ll break it down for you simpletons… = other than fishing, politics, hunting, and picking on 40inchredfishman… capiche?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Has anyone tried Corys grilled cheese off Maybank, been meaning to try it

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

quote:

So post a fishin post.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I haven’t fished since January. I have six more weeks of 70 hr work weeks. Then a break. It’s complicated.

quote:
It's complicated.

Life often is Brother. Mine has been 90 mph the last 6 months or so. Hope yours slows down soon.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?