Best sandwich in Charleston area?

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

Is there a local sammich any better than the Tattoed Moose’s duck club? …

Along with the duck fat fried french fries and gravy…

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

duck club at tattooed moose gets my vote

quote:
Originally posted by izzydone

Has anyone tried Corys grilled cheese off Maybank, been meaning to try it

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

It’s not bad. I think it may be a little overpriced but what niche restaurant isn’t anymore?

quote:
Originally posted by Ademily87

I’m gonna have to say Joey Tomatoes in Mount Pleasant isn’t the best sandwich I’ve had in Charleston, but the best sandwich I’ve ever had in my entire life. When family or friends come to visit from the upstate, I make sure they get to try a Joey Tomatoes sandwich before they leave.

I always get the #10, roast beef.

I just finished the #10. You’re right, it is a great sammich. I may crave this thing. But OMG…what kind a bread was that? It was delicious, but Imma gonna need bandaid on the roof of my mouth. They should beat the bread with a rolling pin before serving

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I haven’t fished since January. I have six more weeks of 70 hr work weeks. Then a break. It’s complicated.

You spend 70hrs a week looking at the stock market?haha

Y’all gonna think I’m crazy, but I had the Arby’s Cuban sammich today…it was really good. Could have been 1/3 bigger, but it was really nicely fixed.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Claim, not sure we can trust you anymore. The hard bread hurts your mouth. Now you think Arby’s is a delicacy

quote:

Claim, not sure we can trust you anymore. The hard bread hurts your mouth. Now you think Arby’s is a delicacy

I tried the Arby’s Cuban at the recommendation of my second cousin, a Special Op helicopter pilot with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. In my facebook feed, he’s the canary in the cave trying to warn of the growing Islamic / Sharia movement…he keeps getting banned from FB, but he is true to his beliefs. He said the sammich was surprisingly good. I said I’d give it a go. He was right.

I’m craving the #10 for lunch today…roof of my mouth will have to suffer.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Joey Tomatoes: #13

Curl of bread needs to be torn off and eaten first - warm up the taste buds…

Optimal scenario:
-2 people
-3 different sandwiches ordered
-3 halves each
(had the math figured by a Chinese guy, it works out)

Seems like allot of folks loving the Joey Tomatoes sandwiches. I have been there once and tried the muffuletta and thought it was delicious. Gonna have to take that roast beef for a spin. I loved the crunchy bread and thought it made the sandwich. By design it is crunchy on the outside and soft and airy on the inside. They get it out of Jersey made by a “master” bread baker from the Tribecca bread company or something like that. Claim don’t mind Pea B and J. He still likes the crust trimmed off his sandwiches.[:0]

master bread maker? you’re just makin **** up now.

dammit

quote:

master bread maker? you’re just makin **** up now.

dammit

HaHa

Broke down and had to see what all the fuss was about with the roast beef sandwich. It every bit as good as what Ademily and Claim said. It was killer. Quite worthy of Bonzo’s list. The big cannoli Joey made it himself. Proudly delivered it to my table and removed my tray after I was done. Very nice fellow from Jersey with an incredible passion for Italian food. He inspired me to get in the kitchen, so put together a parmesan breaded cutlet with melted mozzarella, arugula salad with sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and kalamata olives. Balsamic vinaigrette topped with red pepper sauce. Very tasty. Mr. Pod indeed the bread was made by a “master” baker. It is a certification and unless someone has gone through the 10-12 yrs of requirements. They can not call themselves a master baker. You can look him up under Tribeca ovens. Take your buddy Bonzo in for a sandwich and you too will believe. A pic of the sandwich maestro himself, Joey. Y’all have a good weekend. :smiley:

Ted’s tied up. I’m standin’ in.

you’re gonna make someone a dam fine wife RBR

what a spread

Dang, that looks good. Will have to check out that Tomatoes place the next trip down.

Pea, be nice!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Mr. Pod I just sent Joey a photo of you. He is on the look out and said you are banded from the roast beef sandwich and you just may find yourself swimming with the fishes for internet bullying. Just so you know. I just told my woman to go get in the car, and bring me a dam sandwich.