BIG QUESTION

So I know a few of you follow the weather and past history of storms. So…is Matthew coming here, or no?

Even the high paid forecasters with all their satellites can’t answer that yet. My guess, it will pass a bit east of us, but come at least close enough to cause some ill effects, maybe bad, maybe not. But I’m getting ready and buying 40 gallons of generator gas in the morning. Just in case:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Most of the predictions are showing it skirting the coastline and one or two of them shows it going out to see. I just think once it picks up that warm water on the coast it will follow it up the coast then out to see following the gulf stream. Just my thought.

I feel it… It’s coming.

I’d fill up my gas tank and make a hotel reservation inland just to be safe. You’ll use the gas anyway, and most hotels have free cancellations within 24 hours.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

From what I have been reading, tropical storm force winds extend out 185 miles from the center. The average of the forecasted tracks show the thing passing about 150 to 200 miles offshore of the low country. What all that means is we can expect 30 to 50 mph winds Friday night through Saturday morning. Trees down, coastal flooding and extended power outages. You will need adequate generator gas, food and water and the all important zip lock bag! You know the large gallon size? The one you put the insurance police in before you get outta Dodge.

ZX

Most of the models have it going out to sea. That thing blew up quickly.

Quote from Yogi Berra, “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”

Quote from spec, “It’s better to needlessly prepared, than to be foolishly unprepared.”

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

Mike’s weather page (spagettimodels.com) shows a hard slap for our coast later this week.

In the top left corner, click on GFS or EURO, and then use the right arrow on your keyboard to advance the timeline. The GFS shows the center of Matthew right on our coast Saturday morning!

These predictions are notoriously “unpredictable”, but now is the time to get ready and make some contingency plans!

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsW_nhfgfy8

thread is useless until bonzo weighs in. the rest of you should pay some deference to the resident expert

My prediction is on the gloomy side… not because of any weather model.
On Saturday the wife and I went hunting, during the ride out the topic of hurricanes came up she says “we haven’t been hit in a while” and I immediately hushed her. She did not heed to the hush and kept talking. What’s our evacuation plan, how high is the house, what flood zone are we in… she pretty covered every “were screwed” avenue that she could think of. Coming home from hunting she looks at her phone and what does she see… A Hurricane!!!

On top of that she also missed a doe… so between that and a hurricane. She was so upset she didn’t even want to stop and get Dukes BBQ. I didn’t know anyone could get so upset they could pass on BBQ but it happened.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

Divorce her

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

thread is useless until bonzo weighs in. the rest of you should pay some deference to the resident expert

He's working on his generator with some tools other than a hammer.

watch this storm you guys…afternoon runs shifted the forecast cone back to the West…be prepared…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

watch this storm you guys…afternoon runs shifted the forecast cone back to the West…be prepared…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Big tides as well with a big bad storm.

Anyone need any plywood at a reasonable price…?

Looks like its going to be a cat. 3 by the time it gets here…I hope that was a comment to help out CF members not money maker opportunity…just sayin

Hooker…It is. I have a truckload of cdx…not osb. It got a little weathered, and is iffy to be used for sheathing. May get a better grasp of where this thing is headed and send it down.

Should I run to the grocery store tonight? Have we set priority on DF’s spare bedroom. I think I probably got first up