BIG TROUT - UDC - 10/23/12

^^^^^^^thats funny right there

Don’t have a knack for makin motors crank,
But I’m pretty good at drinkin beer

The best way to a fisherman’s heart is through his fly.

2002 Florida Skiff
90 Merc.

Why does it matter what he keeps, or where he posts it? Sounds to me like everyone is bashing him because he is a guide. Instead of spending your time on here bashing everybody thats catching fish and posting them on here so we can view u need to get out and fish and then u could post some pics. of your own. I cant speak for everyone but i enjoy your post.

I’D HIT DAT!

Keep them coming, UDC:sunglasses: Nice fish.

I’m all for responsible fishing, and every fishing guide I know is a responsible fisherman. Their livelihood depends on it, they have to catch fish every day for every client.

But it’s important to keep things in perspective too. Just 1 adult dolphin will eat more trout in a week than any of us catch in a year, and there are thousands of dolphin out there.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Marine Surveying & Repair

No reason to bash a guy for taking a few trout home to eat. Spotted sea trout are prolific egg layers, starting as young a one year and as small as 10 inches. Just Google “Cynoscion nebulosus” and you will find dozens of references to this fact. Sure, big ones might lay 1MM eggs but ten little ones will do the same. The trout population is not so much controlled by egg production but by cold temperature, salinity, predation, disease and by-catch.

That’s a big ass trout bro.

I’m so salt life I get land sick.

What is wrong with the occasional Catch & Fillet method of fishing?

UDC, great job on the client and putting him on da fush, really nice. Keep up the post sir good on ya. The rest of you out there catching and releasing the same fish on the same bottom every weekend please go back up north where you are from.

Local Boy, Just having fun.

While I am a proponent of catch and release, I am also one for “grease release”. Great job, Capt Steve.

Bob Sanders
www.trouttrick.com
803-300-2780

Some of the posts make me laugh an appreciate what I have been able to do around this town for over 40 years. Like today for instance, took a couple of guys out and had a great morning releasing over 30 trout and a handful of redfish. Ya’ll go catch em up. If trying to educate people on the BENEFITS of catch and release fishing is bashing then so be it. Fine line in this thread as to who the crybabies are in my opinion.

Keep up the good work and your welcome for all the extra exposure I brought you in this thread UDC.

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Some of the posts make me laugh an appreciate what I have been able to do around this town for over 40 years. Like today for instance, took a couple of guys out and had a great morning releasing over 30 trout and a handful of redfish

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Great report…

on some other guides Inshore Report thread. :clown_face:

quote:
Originally posted by uglyduck

You know, Alan has been fishing with me for many years. He’s 71 years old. His wife loves Trout and Flounder. You think I’m gonna tell him he can’t keep his legal fish?

This statement alone makes me want to hire you as a guide. I can barely afford gas for my canoe paddles, but if I decide to do an inshore guide trip, you’re getting the call.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishing_4reel

lol, yes phin. noone should say ANYTHING about him keeping that trout or any other ones,.the guy fishes one time and year he took out, catching the fish and eating them and having fun is what its about…and when he takes the time to post about catching a big fish he should get a complement about it, not getting the “have u ever practiced catch and release”. i mean really? if i went out fishing with you on a guided trip fritz, and i caught a big trout like that or any in the slot fish and u told me we needed to release it or them, i would tell u to get f****d. just sayin’ :wink:

19’ cc Mako
150 yammy
Bottomz up

you wouldn't stay on my boat for any amount more time then it took to get back to the marina

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

Having spent a lot of years as a offshore charter captain and inshore guide, and having had this conversation many, many times with clients, I have learned that it’s in the best interest of both clients and guides to discuss those details, along with all expectations, before leaving the dock. Preferably before even meeting at the dock. Do it at the time of booking. Then there is no on the water confrontations such as that.

That being said, and after that discussion took place, if I told you that we needed to release a fish, and you said

quote:
if i went out fishing with you on a guided trip fritz, and i caught a big trout like that or any in the slot fish and u told me we needed to release it or them, i would tell u to get f****d. just sayin' ;)

Then I would do the same thing as Capt. Fritz and you would be back at the dock. just sayin’

quote:
you wouldn't stay on my boat for any amount more time then it took to get back to the marina

:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Marine Surveying & Repair

Great repot Captain Ugly. :wink:

As for the rest of this crap… Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :yawning_face:

I like to wrap a fertility bracelet around all the big reds and trouts I catch before I release them.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishing_4reel

really fritz, ur an idiot. there is no benefits of releasing a 20 plus inch trout, do u homework and then u cant bi*ch. trout are super plentiful and lay eggs when they are 8 inch fish. releasing a big red and trying not to hurt him/her i understand completly, because it is a law.

19’ cc Mako
150 yammy
Bottomz up

no benefits to releasing fish? Congrats on having posted the dumbest thing ever on this website.

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

Nice pics UDC!

-Lewis

Nice fish & pics.

I usually pratice catch & release up here at Lake Murray, 1st, because my wife can’t stand fish & won’t let me bring one any where near the house,(I have been able to bring a couple to the neighbor) and 2nd, because my fishing to catching ratio is pretty bad.

Guide or not, as long as no one is breaking the law with over limits, under or over-sized fish, keep them if you want. Why should anyone care? And why does anyone care if you’re using live bait or artificials, or stabbing them with a sharp stick? As long as you’re within the law.
Next thing you know, someone will start b**ching because you use a boat with a motor, or even using a boat period. Heck, let’s just pitch all of that expensive gear and gas guzzeling, bad for the environment boats and motors, and start swimming and catching fish with our teeth. Now that would be a real sport, no fins, no mask, just you and the fish.

Just make sure you release them alive.:smiley:

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

“really fritz, ur an idiot. there is no benefits of releasing a 20 plus inch trout, do u homework and then u cant bi*ch. trout are super plentiful and lay eggs when they are 8 inch fish. releasing a big red and trying not to hurt him/her i understand completly, because it is a law.”

This is a sad statement for alot of reasons…

1.) NOBODY and I mean NOBODY bashed him for keeping them. We just stated the benifits of release… not one ounce of bashing in either fritz’s or my post, or any of the others.

2.) The fact that apparently the Law is the only reason you throw big reds back…

3.) you tell fritz to do homework, when all you did was skim the top… you should read a little deeper if you want to “educate” fritz on the viability of breeding fish. Alot of fish can drop eggs at an early age, but those eggs are not as Viable as the eggs of an older more mature female… conversely there will be a tipping point at which that fishes advanced age can hinder the viability of eggs… Not to even mention the genetic superiority of a fish that has managed to live that long with two hard winters under her belt. That alone makes her worth wanting to replicate. but then again you did your homework so I guess you knew all this…

Like I said, Steve killed a big fish… I wouldn’t have, but it wasn’t my charter, and nothing wrong was done. We were simply stating the benefits of release for the other people that will read this… there is nothing wrong with what happened here… and nobody is “bashing” him…

I’m with fritz, there is a very thin line on who is “crying” on this thread…

Mad Mike

"to hell with insane… I’m OUTsane!!! "

since when did a 22" trout become a “big” trout!