Black church horror

quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

I just think quicker executions may be a tiny bit more of a deferent.

I did a thesis on the death penalty many years ago. Not much has changed since.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-about-deterrence-and-death-penalty

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

RBF

Great information. I thought this statistic was the most telling: Non-death penalty states have a lower murder rate year after year than death penalty states. Since it costs taxpayers far more to execute a person than life imprisonment, and the death penalty does not deter murder, why do we continue it?

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife
quote:
quote:

RBF

Great information. I thought this statistic was the most telling: Non-death penalty states have a lower murder rate year after year than death penalty states. Since it costs taxpayers far more to execute a person than life imprisonment, and the death penalty does not deter murder, why do we continue it?

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Plain and simple: Vengeance.

The other arguement is that we will never have to worry about the person escaping, etc.

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by capehorn 16
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by skinneej

Honestly, I would rather be dead than live the next 60 years in prison.

My threshold is about 60 days.

RBF
[/quote

60 days? I tried it once for about 6 hours many,many moons ago…Yes sir,no sir,thank you sir…

I made a mistake back in the early 80’s & spent a week in a Fla. county facility. As I was in the holding cell, two guys getting out talked about a guy that got stabbed over a pillow. One of the scariest weeks of my life. I’ve been a good boy ever since.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

quote:
One of the scariest weeks of my life. I've been a good boy ever since.

Unfortunately Bob, you are smarter than the average bear by evidence of the fact that you LEARNED from your experience. I can’t tell you how many offenders over the years have told me doing time is no big thing. For many, going to prison is not a deterrent…neither is the death penalty because no one commits a crime expecting to get caught. While not a nice place, prisons are far too nice for the people we put in them. Bring back chain gangs and hard labor crews!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
One of the scariest weeks of my life. I've been a good boy ever since.

Unfortunately Bob, you are smarter than the average bear by evidence of the fact that you LEARNED from your experience. I can’t tell you how many offenders over the years have told me doing time is no big thing. For many, going to prison is not a deterrent…neither is the death penalty because no one commits a crime expecting to get caught. While not a nice place, prisons are far too nice for the people we put in them. Bring back chain gangs and hard labor crews!

Chinese proverb:

Smart man learns for their mistakes, wise man learns from others…

RBF

I’m too lazy to look it up. How is executing someone more expensive than giving them room, board, and medical for 60 years?

"I think I could prove to you that I could put someone in the Waldorf Hotel for 60 to 70 years and feed them three meals a day cheaper than we can litigate a single death penalty case." -Sterling Goodspeed, former District Attorney, Warren County, NY

I found these two articles below. There is a good bit of research available.

From http://ejusa.org/learn/cost:

How much does the death penalty cost?
The most rigorous cost study in the country found that a single death
sentence in Maryland costs almost $2 million more than a comparable
non-death penalty case. Maryland spent $186 million extra to carry
out just five executions.
More than a dozen states have found that death penalty cases are
up to 10 times more expensive than comparable non-death penalty
cases. In California, a 2011 study showed that death penalty cases are
20 times more expensive. That state has spent over $4 billion on the
death penalty since 1978.
The death penalty costs more than just dollars. In fact, the majority
of the death penalty?s costs never appear as line items in any budget.
Instead they are buried in a thicket of legal proceedings and hours
spent by judges, clerks, prosecutors, and other law enforcement
agencies. In the time it takes to pursue one capital case, law
enforcement could investigate, prosecute, solve, and prevent scores
of other crimes.

Why does it cost so much?
The death penalty process is more complicated because a life is on
the line. Capital cases involve more lawyers, more witnesses, more
experts, a longer jury selection process, more pre-trial motions, an
entirely separate trial for sentencing, and countless other expenses ?
racking up exorbitant costs before a single appeal is even filed.
Most death penalty trials are found to be significantly flawed and
must be re-done, sometimes more than once, adding to the high cost.
Many people believe that the death penalty is more cost-effective than
housing and feeding someone in prison for l

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I’m too lazy to look it up. How is executing someone more expensive than giving them room, board, and medical for 60 years?

People sit on death row for 20 years appealing the process. Situations like this could be alleviated by installing, what Ron White refers to as, an express lane. Situations where there’s overwhelming evidence against the killer should expedite the process.

I heard that bowl cut tried to kill himself at the last second, but it went click b/c he was out of ammo. Death may not even be that much of a punishment for him if that’s true.

Finding his scrawny a** in the general population would be the worst imaginable thing for him. If for whatever reason he does not get the death penalty, he will have to be in protective custody most of his life.

Wife went downtown today with our son. The John C. Calhoun statue has been spray painted red…obviously by someone who can’t read a book. Out of town race baiters will be the ones that get this stirred up if it does.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Finding his scrawny a** in the general population would be the worst imaginable thing for him. If for whatever reason he does not get the death penalty, he will have to be in protective custody most of his life.

Wouldn’t he receive protection from the Aryan Nation and/or some other white supremacist gang? They probably hail him as some kind of hero…

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Black gangs outnumber white gangs in SC prisons. Even if given protection, such “protection” will come at a price. Ever heard the term “prison b**tch”? I have had former inmates tell me having sex with another man while in prison doesn’t make you gay. This idiot will never be the “man” in any prison “relationship”. Any time he serves will never be easy.

Yep, If they put him in GenPop, he would be looking at suicide as a life vest:smiley: And not only, from the Black Guys! You can shoot people in a Bar, never in a Church!