Blacktips... Blacktips... and more Blacktips.

My reel was on low drag near free spool. I haven’t got around to turning it in, I want to though. The only reason I do the tagging program is because I want to hear where one of my released sharks go. My prediction is the port royal team that fished the bhc tournament caught it because they tagged several and it looked like the tag was new. We also caught 2 tagged lemons this year one tagged looked years old with lots of growth on it.

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

Daniel if your looking at heavy duty spinners the Quantum Cabo 120 is a beast as well and deserves a look. Read Allen Hawks review on them. They have the drag, capacity and the internals are built to handle the drag. Allot of the spinners now have heavy duty drags but the insides can’t handle the drags. With the pressure your putting on those spinners consistently with those sharks you need a super spinner otherwise they will be shot in no time. I think the new slammers sound hefty too but I have never used one so can’t speak on them.

Hell yeah i love the Cabo! Ive got a buddy i fish with who has one. Awesome reels!

Daniel the 80 cabo is the same size as the 60 with added line capacity. The 120 is the same as size as the 100 with added line capacity. Without a doubt if you go Cabo the 120 is the best choice to be able to handle the intense pressure you put on reels with all the sharks you catch. Depending on where purchased the cabo 120 is 280-320. If you opt to go local they run towards the latter and Haddrels is the only one that services the reels as Steve the reel guy is certified Quantum tech. Haddrels runs a little more but they double the 1 year warranty to two years which is something that may be worth your while seeing how sharks are tough on reels. The 120 holds a little over 500 yrds. of 65 lb braid. I want to say the drag is 65 lbs. but not sure. The Cabo has some sealing and can take splashes but not meant to be dunked. The slammer is supposed to be sealed very good. Both reels in the big sizes are “real heavy duty” reels. Just not allot of history on the slammers because they are new and like I said I have never used one so can’t speak to much about them or whether they hold up in the long run. I have used the Cabos a few seasons (5 of them) and they have held up very well. With the 80 being my favorite reel for reds on a 9’6 pole in the surf. Your call, hope this helps.

For sure man! My friend has the Cabo 120. I like the way it feels. I am still shopping but thanks for the advice, much appriciated.