Brining a turkey...results are in!

One note… injecting a turkey does not distribute the flavor like it does in pork or beef. Most of the injected sauce stays in the line that you inject it. I do it anyway and put a little in a lot of places.

24 hour brine…

shove an onion in there…

baste often…

check on her every now and then…

then make sammiches…

then decorate for Christmas…

thanks to all the little people who helped me along the way…this was a journey…glad I’m there…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

sumbich

did not think this would happen.

I’m glad you wore those safety glasses! I’ve never had a Turkey blow up on me, when cooked in the oven, so never felt the need! Did the wife make you wear them:question:
The BIG QUESTION is, how did it taste:question: Was it worth it:question: Will you do it again:question: What is the stringy accoutrement side:question:
Did you make any Pan Gravy from the drippings? That may have had a different taste with the Cajun Brine!

I call those birth control glasses…

23 he doesn’t need glasses for that! His personality does that for him:wink: That wasn’t nice! I kind of, take that back!

I’m 100% seriously calling Mrs. Bonzo today and telling her about this…this cannot carry on.

yeah you’d know about birth control glasses

and horseshirt, you aint’ calling nobody

23, I think he’s trying to get a job as a tester or something where his wife works! The Julia Child of Charleston:question: Come on Biscuit, walkies:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

yeah you’d know about birth control glasses

and horseshirt, you aint’ calling nobody

Check your texts on your flipfone old man…

Howe’d you know me and Pod have flip phones:question: We have some big fingers, that don’t fit those new fangled phones! You must have little girl fingers![:0] We have MAN hands!

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I’m 100% seriously calling Mrs. Bonzo today and telling her about this…this cannot carry on.

who do you think took the picture fool?

I texted her…she said too much wine clouded her judgment…I blame you Bonzo.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I texted her…she said too much wine clouded her judgment…I blame you Bonzo.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

I was there when the text came across…it said “Jody”…y’all got some splainin’ to do…

Hmmm, this probably needs to be “settled” at the oyster roast. With the Pea refereeing of course.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I would have thought for sure that bird was getting a Miller Lite bubble bath.

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

it kind of did eventually…:wink:

I have been using a beef base brine for all my poultry for over a year now. Makes the best tasting birds you’ll ever get. When I pull the bird out of the brine, we dry it thoroughly with paper towels, inject with Cajun butter, and then rub the bird down with peanut oil before adding seasoning. I smoked my turkeys this year over applewood at 235° for approximately six hours. Internal temperatures were 170° at Thigh and breast. Skin was crispy, and the meet was extra moist.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

it kind of did eventually…:wink:

I nominate this for quip of the year 2016. Well done sir.