Buying A New Boat !!! Any Intel ????

Sorry guys know its not the right section but the only thread i ever read on here is the offshore reports.

In Hilton Head sold my pursuit and looking for a replacement.

Another pursuit, Contender, Cape Horn, Palmetto, Mckee, or ?

32 Yellowfin is on the jizz list but i will have to wait a few more years.

Prefer 4 strokes prefer 06 or newer.

Budget around 40-60k can go higher depending on boat and deal…

Also consider a hilton head partnership on something nice which would also include use of my 19 carolina skiff.

bell8769@gmail.com or call 843-422-4740

B

If you know it’s not the right section, then why did you post it here? Are you that hard up to brag about your new found opportunity at boat ownership?

Irish Wake seems to still be pissed about the BCS game.

Actually though one who owned a Pursuit, and looking for a new boat doesn’t need any coaching from the bleachers.

No Irish i just know all the serious fishermen are on here and figured maybe someone on here has a boat or a buddy with one that is looking to sell. How is looking for a 40k boat bragging?

Plus wouldnt it be pointless to post in the " to the south section " It gets like what 2 views a year?

Hey Airbus How did you like that pursuit? Looked like an awesome ride. Don’t really have any info on your question though. Just curious as to your selling. Figure you just wanted a bigger boat?

The pursuit was a great little boat. It was a 2670 which measured 28’5" overall. I was very impressed with it and it rode great. I am on a tight budget. I have four kids oldest is 8 and I have to buy a boat that fits into a very small category ( old enough its been depreciated but new enough that it still is desirable in resale and have reasonable hours and preferrably a warranty left) My pursuit was just under 1000 hours and even though i sold it cheap I got a great deal on it when i bought it. If i kept it another year it would have been 1200-1300 hours with the warranty expired. It would have cost me $10,000 to own it another year in lost value.

Wish I could afford a brand new boat finished my way but family comes first and with four kids I am thankful every time i get out for fishing and spearing

Right on man. Yeah I wish I was in a position to move up. Really liked your boat, though. Good luck in the hunt!

Bus- you’re looking in the 32’ range? Center console only? You’re right, that is a tough profile to fit: 2006+, 29+ft, <$61K. You may have to consider something at least a year older.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-Wellcraft-32-CCF-101904875
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-Cape-Horn-31-Offshore-347954

'04 Edgewater 225 Express w/ 225 Yammie
“How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean.” - Sir Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks man i can go up for the right boat but my comfort zone is 50-60k anything 26 to 28 or bigger i will consider thanks for the links

Cane Pole, my username does not refer to my college football affiliation. That would be the same as me believing that you weave baskets on HWY 17 headed to Gtown based on your username.
Abus, I don’t know what the “to the south” reference means? You posted in the “Fishing Reports” section a topic about buying a boat, with 3 exclamation points in the title. If I misunderstood your intent, or I was wrong in believing that you were attempting to show off, I apologize.
Unlike you, I know that the “serious fisherman” post their serious topics in the right forum to begin with. That’s serious and elementary.

quote:
Originally posted by Irish Wake

Cane Pole, my username does not refer to my college football affiliation. That would be the same as me believing that you weave baskets on HWY 17 headed to Gtown based on your username.
Abus, I don’t know what the “to the south” reference means? You posted in the “Fishing Reports” section a topic about buying a boat, with 3 exclamation points in the title. If I misunderstood your intent, or I was wrong in believing that you were attempting to show off, I apologize.
Unlike you, I know that the “serious fisherman” post their serious topics in the right forum to begin with. That’s serious and elementary.

Irish D!ck,

First off, why do you care if he posts his question in this forum? The offshore section is usually dead this time of year so it’s not like he’s “wasting valuable space” (not that it matters anyway). The title of the forum is pretty clear so don’t read it if you don’t like it. Also, don’t make dumba$$ comments about someone’s username while insinuating that the basket weavers/black folks along 17 (making an honest living) are forced to fish with cane poles. That comment says MUCH more about you than them. I recommend you find something more productive to do with your time (and life) than criticize people looking for advice. Your response is eagerly anticipated…

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:
Originally posted by Airbus A320

The pursuit was a great little boat. It was a 2670 which measured 28’5" overall. I was very impressed with it and it rode great. I am on a tight budget. I have four kids oldest is 8 and I have to buy a boat that fits into a very small category ( old enough its been depreciated but new enough that it still is desirable in resale and have reasonable hours and preferrably a warranty left) My pursuit was just under 1000 hours and even though i sold it cheap I got a great deal on it when i bought it. If i kept it another year it would have been 1200-1300 hours with the warranty expired. It would have cost me $10,000 to own it another year in lost value.

Wish I could afford a brand new boat finished my way but family comes first and with four kids I am thankful every time i get out for fishing and spearing

If you bought it for a good price, why wouldnt you hold on to it. In the next two years do you honestly think you would put 10k into the boat? You cant get a 31 foot center console for 40-60k with less than 600hrs. You knew how your boat was run, you knew the maintenance schedule. Now your looking for a boat with 600 + hours and could possible need to be repowered in the next couple of years. If you are seriously looking for a center console in that range, you need be ready to spend at minimum 90k. Maybe I dont know sh&^*, but I have contemplated repowering or buying a something bigger myself. I think the best option would be to find a hull that you can rewire and repower.

this is in your backyard, but consider what you are buying

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/461044-triton-2895-a.html

I know coastal marine in Myrtle had 2008 proline with motors under warranty…and had it for a while. The motors had low hours so might b worth a phone call!

06 26’Seafox Twin DF150’s
190 DC SeaPro Merc 135

Black Bart,
I am sorry that you took offense to me responding to someone who misinterpreted my username. Based on your username, I can see how my comments may have offended. I’m sorry. However, it’s amusing that you jump on me for making light of a name, but don’t make mention of the original offender; or is that stereotypical for you? Also, you are right about the “title of the forum” being “pretty clear”. This forum is titled “Offshore Reports”, not “I want to buy a boat…”, or “Offshore Discussion” or anything else that doesn’t involve a recent trip to a fishing ground. I like reading this forum because it is about advancing our skills at catching fish, not how to buy a new boat.
Hopefully this response gets zero views and we can all move on.

For someone thats not interested you sure are interested

quote:
Originally posted by flatcalm
quote:

If you bought it for a good price, why wouldnt you hold on to it. In the next two years do you honestly think you would put 10k into the boat? You cant get a 31 foot center console for 40-60k with less than 600hrs. You knew how your boat was run, you knew the maintenance schedule. Now your looking for a boat with 600 + hours and could possible need to be repowered in the next couple of years. If you are seriously looking for a center console in that range, you need be ready to spend at minimum 90k. Maybe I dont know sh&^*, but I have contemplated repowering or buying a something bigger myself. I think the best option would be to find a hull that you can rewire and repower.

I ran the boat for 14 months put over 350

quote:
Originally posted by Irish Wake

Black Bart,
I am sorry that you took offense to me responding to someone who misinterpreted my username. Based on your username, I can see how my comments may have offended. I’m sorry. However, it’s amusing that you jump on me for making light of a name, but don’t make mention of the original offender; or is that stereotypical for you? Also, you are right about the “title of the forum” being “pretty clear”. This forum is titled “Offshore Reports”, not “I want to buy a boat…”, or “Offshore Discussion” or anything else that doesn’t involve a recent trip to a fishing ground. I like reading this forum because it is about advancing our skills at catching fish, not how to buy a new boat.
Hopefully this response gets zero views and we can all move on.

I appreciate your apology, but again, you’re making assumptions. Isn’t that what caused the issue in the first place? Whether I’m black or white is irrelevant; a white person should be offended by your cane pole comment as much as a black person. I was more pointing out your ignorance, which you’ve continued to defend. When you’re trying to get out of a hole, the first thing you do is…

By the way, good luck on the hunt, Airbus. Not trying to hijack your thread, just saw a comment I couldn’t not respond to…

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

quote:

Sorry guys know its not the right section but the only thread i ever read on here is the offshore reports.

In Hilton Head sold my pursuit and looking for a replacement.

Another pursuit, Contender, Cape Horn, Palmetto, Mckee, or ?

32 Yellowfin is on the jizz list but i will have to wait a few more years.

Prefer 4 strokes prefer 06 or newer.

Budget around 40-60k can go higher depending on boat and deal…

Also consider a hilton head partnership on something nice which would also include use of my 19 carolina skiff.

bell8769@gmail.com or call 843-422-4740

B

Palmetto

With rates so low, now may be the perfect time to refinance or purchase your dream home. If you are thinking about home financing give me a ring!</font id=“blue”>

Heather Leman
Direct: 843-343-8169
NMLS# 279616
hleman@primelending.com
www.shakeyourbouy.com

I was wondering how much a pound of coffee and a roll of toilet paper would cost to be shipped to me from Chucktown.? And how long would it take ?