Buying A New Boat !!! Any Intel ????

Silky how much you asking for it?

“Good things come to those who bait”

Phinfreak,PM sent

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Phin

IMO, of the names mentioned above, a Cape Horn is one of the best hulls boat-for-boat you’ll be able to buy in that price range.

You give up fit and finish but get a very capable boat with good power. Resale will hold on it also- depending on your engine hours as you know.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

Sorry Phin, but I would have to disagree with you on that one... I rented a 24' Cape Horn in the keys about 6-8 months ago... I had to slow it down in glassy 1' seas because people were getting tossed around otherwise. I was acually dumbfounded how rough it rode... I didn't even know it was possible to design a boat to ride that rough...

then you should try some of the other brands listed in this thread in the same price range as a 24 cape horn…

For the OP’s given price range, he could find a fairly new 31 cape horn. Not a 24.

If we want to talk about best riding boats, there is a whole lot of other stuff I’d be looking at than the brands he listed.

People don’t want to hear all that though, because somebody’s feelings might get hurt.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Phin

Is a Bluewater, Whitewater, or Competition on your list?

Funny you said Competition, I have been looking at that 25 Competition real hard. That 31 looks like a tank!

quote:
Originally posted by Airbus A320

Phin

Is a Bluewater, Whitewater, or Competition on your list?

Those boats are all some of the better values IMO.

There is a 28 sea vee with cummins power on tht right now for 41k, but it has the pocket for the shaft, and that setup with single screw is harder to maneuver. You are talking about 4mpg and better ride than most though. There are 31’s with twin diesels I have seen going for the 45 and 50k range.

If you handed me 50k, I would be looking for an older sea vee or conch with diesel or warrantied out boards OR the small builders like competition.

Onslow is also a good one, but I am not sure where their boats are price wise.

Thing about the older sea vee or conch hulls is that you wont depreciate… Maybe even appreciate. Your only change in value should be the power.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

There is a southport i am interested in but its stil a 26 foot really want to get up near 30 foot… I cant find any onslow under 90k

looks like the 28 sv with diesel is sold.

Found a nice contender 25 sport ( 28 foot ) but i think it is underpowered with 150’s especially with our loads. 4 guys, 12 tanks, dive gear, 2 dozen rods, 400lbs ice etc…

Saw a 31 competition in person the other day and it was very very impressive… lots of boat for the money… He paid $130k for it brand new with twin f300’s, dual simrad nss, ap, radar etc etc etc…

silky, send me some info about your sailfish. cwersler@gmail.com

Silky…I sent you a PM

Boatless…

I think you need to buy this

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/308069-2006-31-cape-horn-w-trip-axle-trailer-ct-67k.html

The boat is down in FL but I live here. The boat has fished many days of the coast of Charleston. Its right in your price range.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-Jefferson-Marlago-31-101927445

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/475532-2001-marlago-31-cc-w-twin-200-hpdi-yamahas-reduced.html