Charleston Snow?

I’ll go ahead and say it now…the low pressure center will be too far offshore and we’ll just be all rain Tues afternoon into Weds…:wink:

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

My kids don’t like your global “warming” conspiracy theory. [:I]

They say it will snow

Normally I like snow, but this go around I don’t want any precipitation of any sort, we got things scheduled to happen at my home buy that HAVE to happen this week, and they are things that involve lots of outdoor work/repair.

Saying “I am offended” is telling everyone else that you cannot control your own emotions, and thus you need everyone else to do it for you.

I don’t think so a lot of the models are showing at moving over land now and looks like we may have a significant ice event

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

I am hoping charlotte gets hit…although the models are not saying too much right now.

2006 pioneer 197 SF 150 4s

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

I’ll go ahead and say it now…the low pressure center will be too far offshore and we’ll just be all rain Tues afternoon into Weds…:wink:

Hope you’re right, can’t stand the stuff. Plus my generator is phooked right now, hope I get it running soon.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Showing a slight shift to the west now.

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

Wouldn’t the low pressure being father offshore mean no precip at all? From what I have seen and read, it is not a matter of whether the cold air will be here, it is a matter of the low pressure being close enough to produce the moisture needed for snow/ice.

Remember that saying about thundering in the winter it will snow within 2 weeks?
Remember that Storm 2 weeks back?

I ain’t no rocket surgeon, but…

I want to go fishing in the snow.

It’s about the only thing left that I haven’t done in the snow.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Look’s like South Carolina will be shuting down.

Double D.

Stopping by Total Wine after work, hopefully the Baptist’s and Catholic’s haven’t cleaned it out…

looks like you all are going to get ice. Be safe…there will be idiots on the roads

2006 pioneer 197 SF 150 4s

Hoofarded…you just sent a bunch of minds in all directions…lol. I have fished in the snow…and with ice n the marsh…it has a quiet stillness about it. And it’s cold :slight_smile: Was great to see you Saturday ;)… I will wish that ou get a little snow…let us know where you will be so we can send it there :wink:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

I was thinking about fishing in the boat in the snow, but I’m probably going to just use a cane pole in my pond behind my house. I started imagining ice on the boat ramp and getting stuck.

I have hunted in the snow. You’re right about the quiet stillness, Penny. It was wonderful meeting you.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha

I’ve fished in the snow, ain’t doing it again. Hunted in snow too, ain’t doing that again either. I’ll build a fire and wait for a warmer day :smiley:

Generator tuned, oil changed, fresh fuel and tested, check. 3 days of gas, check. Big pile of firewood under the porch, check. Plenty of fat lighter split, check. Extra propane, check. Lots of batteries, yep. Plenty of water. Pool full of water. We live a ways out in the country and we lose power anytime we have icing. Usually for days. When we lose power we lose everything including water, so it’s a lot like camping out. I’d just as soon it didn’t snow, but it sure looks like it’s going to.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by HoofArded

I want to go fishing in the snow.

It’s about the only thing left that I haven’t done in the snow.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha

like that??? :smiley:

if its an inch or 2 of snow despite all the hype thats no big deal at all. ice on the other hand SUCKS!!! hit the ice with anything, even a 4x4, and you will slide all over the place. for those who havent driven in snow/ice before…drive slower, give yourself lots more braking distance, take turns slower, and if you do start sliding DONT PANIC by slamming the brakes and swinging the wheel all over the place just take your foot off the gas and once your tires get grip again regain control of your vehicle. i guaruntee the idiots with sports cars trying to go 75mph on I-26/526 will end up stuck in the ditch first.

The school systems must know something. The Daughter is off Tuesday and Wednesday.

One thing for sure, it will be what it will be. I hope I’m living when we come out of the ice age enough to grow tomatoes through the winter. :smiley: Probably won’t care for the bugs to go with the warmer weather though.

quote:
Originally posted by Area 51

Stopping by Total Wine after work, hopefully the Baptist’s and Catholic’s haven’t cleaned it out…

If the Baptists clean out a Total Wine store, it’s probably not for drinking purposes. Probably trying to shut down the local Episcopal churches.

Saying “I am offended” is telling everyone else that you cannot control your own emotions, and thus you need everyone else to do it for you.

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

I don’t think so a lot of the models are showing at moving over land now and looks like we may have a significant ice event

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

The “Oyster Baron” I like it!

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Capt. Justin

“A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth”
Albert Einstein