CharlestonFishing.com oyster roast 1/24/15

Hey y’all, it is oyster season, you know what that means! The annual CharlestonFishing.com member oyster roast. Andy and Tim Pickett (admin) have once again agreed to cover the cost for the shelter and Paul (Sellsfish) has agreed to $28 per bushel for this event.
The Charleston Boat Show is Jan 23-25 and the Lowcountry Oyster Festival at Boone Hall in Sunday Jan 25. In the last few years we have done this oyster roast in conjunction with the boat show and oyster festival so out of towners can get the most out of their weekend.
This is YOUR oyster roast. This is for ALL members of CharlestonFishing.com, their husbands, wives, girlfriends or mistresses (but not all three please!), kids and dogs. If you are a lurker or new member I highly recommend coming out and meeting some of the people that make this place what it is.
I have a reservation on the Wappoo Shelter at the James Island County Park for Sat Jan 24 9:00AM - 4:30PM. Cooking starts early and the oysters usually start coming out around noon. Come early and stay late. We do have an alcohol permit so BYO beer and wine is permitted (no liquor please).
There is no charge for this event and all the food and drink is provided by YOU. We’ll make a sticky soon and people can start vouching for oysters and other food and necessities. Only cost is $1 per person to enter the park itself. Who’s hungry?

UPDATED OYSTER COUNT:</font id=“size2”>

As of 1/23/15
15 bushels of oysters
Easy = 1
mattc14 = 2
xman = 1
marshgrass = 2
justretired = 1
stonoman = 1
joseph69 = 1
striperskiff = 2

Head count:
65 people

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Let’s eat.

Mrs. Sailfish will be in attendance as well. Looking forward to it.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Always a good time. Count in team hebbard

No liquor? Sounds lame.

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle

No liquor? Sounds lame.

you gonna be back from your walkabout by then?

Negative. I should be back in the Keys then if a Peruvian lady doesn’t grab ahold of me. I hear they like Gringos.

I will bring a ham to keep the Muslims away.Donate 1 bushel of oysters also.

Stonoman

You know myself and Mo are game. You gotta get there early to beat us to getting a fire started!!!

The 24th?

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt

Cracker Boats is in for a bushel.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I’m there. I think Marsha is correct, Saturday is the 24th. Still there though. I’ll donate a bushel too! Heck, I have to the way my oldest eats them.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

Hey y’all, it is oyster season, you know what that means! The annual CharlestonFishing.com member oyster roast. Andy and Tim Pickett (admin) have once again agreed to cover the cost for the shelter and Paul (Sellsfish) has agreed to $28 per bushel for this event.
The Charleston Boat Show is Jan 23-25 and the Lowcountry Oyster Festival at Boone Hall in Sunday Jan 25. In the last few years we have done this oyster roast in conjunction with the boat show and oyster festival so out of towners can get the most out of their weekend.
This is YOUR oyster roast. This is for ALL members of CharlestonFishing.com, their husbands, wives, girlfriends or mistresses (but not all three please!)</font id=“size2”>, kids and dogs. If you are a lurker or new member I highly recommend coming out and meeting some of the people that make this place what it is.
I have a reservation on the Wappoo Shelter at the James Island County Park for Sat Jan 25 9:00AM - 4:30PM. Cooking starts early and the oysters usually start coming out around noon. Come early and stay late. We do have an alcohol permit so BYO beer and wine is permitted (no liquor please).
There is no charge for this event and all the food and drink is provided by YOU. We’ll make a sticky soon and people can start vouching for oysters and other food and necessities. Only cost is $1 per person to enter the park itself. Who’s hungry?

Again this year too. Come on B get with the times.

thanks y’all…corrected to Sat the 24th…

You got a bushel of oysters and a box of the best vintage wine Walmart sells out of me:smiley:

PS: And some red Solo Cups.

And count us in for a bushel, Tell Paul I’ll help cook as well!

check received, rental confirmed…now let’s work on those 70 degree January Saturdays!

count us in. also in for a bushel. Bonzo let me know
what else might be needed. firewood ???

I’m in, for a bushel also. Will bring whatever GF I have a the time. lol

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn around every bend theres the promise of a treasure that can only be caught and seen in a blink.. and in your minds eye..and sometimes if youre lucky..in a picture..its there for just a minute...then gone..but hopefully once youve seen it it will remain in your heart forever. Theres nothing like the "Smell" and sounds of the creek. Its not just one thing that makes it familiar..its all of it.

I am in for 2 bushels. Have 11 persons attending, bringing lots of side dishes.

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt

I will start a list on Jan 1, for all that are getting oysters

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”