Cholestrol

Doc put me on a statin a while back but I quit taking them cause I couldn’t stand the side effect of the leg cramps. Now I’m glad I quit. I switched to Bragg’s Vinegar, cinnamon and Cherry juice witch’s brew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/06/12/high-cholesterol-does-not-cause-heart-disease-new-research-finds/

Kind of wonder if Big Pharma always has our best interest?

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

My dad had problems with statin too, and is doing some of the same stuff you are and is doing exceptionally better than with the statin.

They do NOT have your best interest in mind. They have THEIR best interests (READ: $$$$$) in mind…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

Doc put me on a statin a while back but I quit taking them cause I couldn’t stand the side effect of the leg cramps. Now I’m glad I quit. I switched to Bragg’s Vinegar, cinnamon and Cherry juice witch’s brew.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/06/12/high-cholesterol-does-not-cause-heart-disease-new-research-finds/

Kind of wonder if Big Pharma always has our best interest?

what were your cholesterol numbers before? what are your cholesterol numbers after the "witches brew"? Sure, diet and lifestyle change will alter your cholesterol, I also know a 60 day supply of simvastatin, only costs a family member a whopping $9.

Poly, I’m happy, feel good and no persistent leg cramps like the statins caused. Others may choose differently and are free to spend the 9 bucks. Its just not for me. I was just sharing an interesting (to me) article.

Cholesterol is a good thing and your body needs it…the problem comes from why cholesterol levels are so high. A lot of people don’t realize that grains (even whole grains) and other simple carbs/starches cause inflammation and your body then creates cholesterol to repair the problem.

High fat, low carb diets, IMO, are the way to go.

And, yes, Big Pharma and the medical industry (along with Big Ag) have been killing us for a while now…

quote:

Poly, I’m happy, feel good and no persistent leg cramps like the statins caused. Others may choose differently and are free to spend the 9 bucks. Its just not for me. I was just sharing an interesting (to me) article.

that's great, was just curious what your numbers were before the Braggs. The lack of leg cramps may not be a sign of lower cholesterol....

The first time I presented with CAD my total cholesterol was over 400. The Dr said my blood was BBQ syrup. The VA had me on Crestor - numbers down to mid 80s. They changed the drug to another statin (Avorstatin) and cramps are what wake me every AM. I didn’t know that was a side effect. anything else I should know?

Used to be 150 was an acceptable level.
Now it’s 60-80?? Wonder why-not really.
Doc put me on statins at 146-got back and liver pains-his nurse told me to stop taking
the drug-felt better immediately. Thank Heaven for Nurses!!!

16’ Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat
25hp Yammy 4 stroke

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

that's great, was just curious what your numbers were before the Braggs. The lack of leg cramps may not be a sign of lower cholesterol....

He said the statins gave him leg cramps, not cholesterol

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:
quote:

He said the statins gave him leg cramps, not cholesterol

Wadmalaw native

Exactly.

But, just because the cramps went away, does not mean his cholesterol was lowered to a safe level. That was why I asked what his numbers were before/after.

Inflammation with high cholesterol is what will kill you. Fish oil is great, and low carbs. 200 grams or less a day.

size density plays a large part as well in people with high cholesterol.

Several years ago I was involved in some free testing. Seems some people with high cholesterol with large particle size is not as bad as some people with low cholesterol with small particle size.

Mom Has very high cholesterol with no heart issues and a family history of long life. Dad on the other hand had his first heart attack at 42, second at 48, third at 54, and forth at 68. In 1983 doc’s gave him 5 years. He is now 84, two open by-pass surgery’s and a few stints and a bunch of angioplasty back in the day that was popular. Mom has had Dad on a strict diet until resent times, his body just naturally produces high cholesterol.

I thinks it’s all genetic. Dad’s side of the family no drinking or smoking and grandparents dead of cancer before 76. Mom’s side of the family drank and smoked, died at ages 94 & 96 … Renal failure and pancreatic cancer.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Seems some people with high cholesterol with large particle size is not as bad as some people with low cholesterol with small particle size.

Bingo, it’s not all about LDL vs HDL. It takes more than the average blood test to find this out tho. Doc sends mine off to Boston Heart Lab and then talks to me like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory about the results.

As Fred eluded to, the small particles cause more issues than the large ones.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN
quote:

Seems some people with high cholesterol with large particle size is not as bad as some people with low cholesterol with small particle size.

Bingo, it’s not all about LDL vs HDL. It takes more than the average blood test to find this out tho. Doc sends mine off to Boston Heart Lab and then talks to me like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory about the results.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

thought it was about a "witches brew", that included Braggs?

Lipid panel, it’s where you should start. Also, cigarettes are very bad for you and are nasty.

https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/lipid/tab/test/

quote:
quote:
quote:

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Lipid panel, it’s where you should start. Also, cigarettes are very bad for you and are nasty.

Honestly Polly, I believe it is about Genetics.

No doubt Cigarettes are killers, I can not argue that. But I can say some smokers are dead of cancer at 40 while others live into their 90’s and die of natural causes. Some lead a healthy life style and die of cancer very young, other lead an “unhealthy” one and die way past our our average of 76ish. Coffee, eggs, milk, etc are bad for us… now they find they are good for us!! I’m going to keep eating and drinking what I like in moderation and enjoy life. an

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Honestly Polly, I believe it is about Genetics.

No doubt Cigarettes are killers, I can not argue that. But I can say some smokers are dead of cancer at 40 while others live into their 90’s and die of natural causes. Some lead a healthy life style and die of cancer very young, other lead an “unhealthy” one and die way past our our average of 76ish. Coffe

For those of you suffering from muscle soreness from statins I highly recommend conenzyme Q10.

My doctor suggested it and the soreness is gone.

Update

PSA

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/12/12/the-truth-about-cholesterol.aspx

Long read, but interesting!

https://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html

I wouldn’t trust Mercola , Many of Mercola’s articles make unsubstantiated claims and clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations. For example, he opposes immunization [10] fluoridation. [11], mammography [12], and the routine administration of vitamin K shots to the newborn [13,14]; claims that amalgam fillings are toxic [15]; and makes many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements. Mercola’s reach has been greatly boosted by repeated promotion on the “Dr. Oz Show.”