Christmas Time!

This time of year every year I find myself struggling like many others trying to come up with a gift for the fisherman that appears to have everything. For those of you that have been reading the newsletter year in year out you all know that every year I attempt to provide a list of gift ideas that may help everyone find something for the hard to buy for angler. To stay consistent I have yet again attempted to come up with some unique gift ideas or at least some ideas of items that need to be replaced or updated regularly. Here is a short list for 2012, hopefully it will help you find that perfect gift or at least give you an idea of an item or two to add to your own list!

• Sunscreen always needed and a great stocking stuffer.
  • ITunes Gift Card great for some of the GPS or tide applications or just some good fishing tunes.
  • Flashlight, Head Lamp, Spotlight, Gigging Lights, or spare bulbs, batteries, etc.
  • Hats, Visors, Buffs, Shades, SPF clothing.
  • Foul weather gear.
  • Fillet knives, folding fillet knives, electric fillet knife, bait knives, fish scaler, knife sharpener.
  • Terminal tackle-hooks, sinkers, lead heads, swivels, crimps, line, leader etc.
  • Seafood cook book.
  • Shrimping boots, foul weather boots, duck boots, crocs, flops, boat shoes, wading shoes/boots, waders.
  • Safety gear-ditch bag, flares, whistles, strobes, EPIRB, handheld GPS/VHF, life raft, standard, offshore or self inflating life preservers.
  • Back up camera for tow vehicle.
  • Tool kit for boat.
  • Conversation organization membership, CCA, RFA, etc.
  • Fishing magazine subscription.
  • Membership to on water towing service.
  • Waterproof camera for above and below water fish pictures.
  • Underwater video camera for locating fish.
  • Gift certificate to local gas station, Startron or Stabil.
  • Tide clock, tide watch, weather station, fishing log book.
  • Hall pass from your spouse.<