Clemson on the hot seat

If Saban gets another title against UGA and hangs it up, Dabo could be leaving soon.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’m not going to lie, I didn’t think Alabama had the defense (due to injuries) to stop Clemson’s offense and I thought Clemson’s defense would’ve been too stiff for Alabama’s anemic offense. I was wrong on both accounts. Bama was able to get some of those key injured defensive personnel healed up enough to be impactful during the game. That defenses was closer to the defenses Alabama is known for.

The bigger issue, in my opinion, is Bryant. He was exposed last night. I believe he is unfairly compared to Watson but last night, he was a liability.

In my opinion, I think the Georgia vs Oklahoma game was the most entertaining of the New Year’s Day bowl games but there were a couple of other good ones. The USC vs Michigan game was definitely a tail of two halves. The first half it was Michigan AND the USC offense versus the USC’s defense. Luckily for USC, while the offense played much better in the second half, the defense definitely toted the load and stepped up the entire game. That was a good win for USC’s program.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Not sure how anyone would view this, but while I am upset at the loss last night, it didn’t hurt as much as watching the CG in 2015, or watching Watson not win the Heisman. While I have been a Clemson fan since I was 6, recently I became much more of a fan because of Watson more so than Clemson’s success. I’ve come to the realization that I was more of a fan of Watson than I was of the team. Not to say that I don’t pull for the team, I was just way more invested in DW as a person where I think some fans just looked at him as the QB on our current team and pulled for Clemson as a whole more.

It probably stems from not going to school there and I am sure if my kids go there they will feel a different connection, but after meeting DW on campus when he arrived in 2014 and watching my son play football with him, I felt a connection rooting for him that I just didn’t have this year.

Would have loved to see Saban go down one more time though, and hope you all get all the trophies in life you deserve in 2018, and wish everyone great health and happiness. Let’s do this again next fall.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Not sure how anyone would view this, but while I am upset at the loss last night, it didn’t hurt as much as watching the CG in 2015, or watching Watson not win the Heisman.
“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I can see that. I would find it harder to lose a championship game than a “qualifying” game.

Clemson will be fine. Sure up the QB spot (either get Bryant to step up his game or get someone better in there) and I won’t be surprised if they’re back in the CFP again next season. There’s to much talent on the team (and a great batch of unproven recruits coming in) for Clemson to simply fade away. They are will be the team to beat in the ACC.

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Not sure how anyone would view this, but while I am upset at the loss last night, it didn’t hurt as much as watching the CG in 2015, or watching Watson not win the Heisman. While I have been a Clemson fan since I was 6, recently I became much more of a fan because of Watson more so than Clemson’s success. I’ve come to the realization that I was more of a fan of Watson than I was of the team. Not to say that I don’t pull for the team, I was just way more invested in DW as a person where I think some fans just looked at him as the QB on our current team and pulled for Clemson as a whole more.

It probably stems from not going to school there and I am sure if my kids go there they will feel a different connection, but after meeting DW on campus when he arrived in 2014 and watching my son play football with him, I felt a connection rooting for him that I just didn’t have this year.

Would have loved to see Saban go down one more time though, and hope you all get all the trophies in life you deserve in 2018, and wish everyone great health and happiness. Let’s do this again next fall.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Football season is fun around here and I will miss the banter until next year. I look forward to Sept every year and then it seems to fly by and the season is over. DW4 is a great player and fun to watch, I haven't paid much attention to the Texans since his injury but was seeking out bars to watch their games beforehand.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.