Clemson Recruiting Junkies - Big Weekend

What a way to finish off a huge recruiting weekend, by landing Booth today. Some really nice pick-ups for 2019 and 2020.

This class is looking really solid, let’s just hope we can finish off strong with a couple Olineman and another DT.

Couple more pick ups. I think we’re ranked #4 now.

Wait, I thought they were cyclin’ out and Mushdump was outworking Dabo.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Wait, I thought they were cyclin’ out and Mushdump was outworking Dabo.

Todd Ellis is a genius, isn’t he!?

If Meyer is let go, the floodgates will open up to the OSU current commits. This is great news for Clemson pursuing Harry Miller (Big Time Oline) from Georgia.

I bet Jackson Carmen is loving that he didn’t go to OSU now!

Even if he isn’t fired (but I bet he will be) he’s now bruised and tarnished. I bet they lose some recruits even if they keep him. Kind of like when Spurrier said he was probably going to coach 2-3 more years. But that was a exodus…

With Meyer looking like he’s gone and Saban aging Dabo is really set up to be the hottest coach is CFB. He and Kirby will be cleaning house with the recruits.

First, Most, Biggest

I don’t understand why everyone keeps putting in Sabans retirement plan. He could coach another 10 yrs for all any of us know. Hell, he may want to break the records so bad no one catches him.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Cause he’s 66 and has nothing else to prove. He wins one more title and has the most all time which will be very very very hard to overcome. He would have to coach for 14 more years at 14 wins a season to get to #2 all time. I don’t think he’s going for the all time wins.

So if he wins one more with Tua next year I could see him going maybe one more year with Tua and when he goes pro 2 years from now he hangs it up.

He could keep going for #7 but at this current rate that would mean he’s coaching 1-3 more years.

First, Most, Biggest

Maybe he’s not going for any records, he might just enjoy what he does.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

quote:

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

I don’t know about that. I mean, I have no doubt he loves what he does but every elite level coach wants to be “the best.” If you don’t want to be “the best” at whatever you do, why are you doing it? I’ve never done anything and thought to myself, “If I could only be mediocre.”

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick
quote:

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

I don’t know about that. I mean, I have no doubt he loves what he does but every elite level coach wants to be “the best.” If you don’t want to be “the best” at whatever you do, why are you doing it? I’ve never done anything and thought to myself, “If I could only be mediocre.”

“…be a man and PM me.”

I get that but Saban has already sealed his legacy. He’ll top Bear Bryant but I doubt he says hey I’ve beaten Bear’s legacy, I’m just going to stop here and retire. I’m sure he’s competitive but I don’t think he hangs it up just because he breaks some record. He’ll retire if and when he wants to. I’m sure the 4-5 million he gets a year help keep things going too.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

I think he’s at $8.3M/year just from the school but I don’t money is too much of a factor. I kinda expect him to hang it up after 7 or Tua leaves because he’ll literally have nothing left to prove. He might as well focus on enjoying life. I think Saban loves winning but doesn’t necessarily love coaching, or the media, or all parts of CFB. If I’m right he can get he ultimate win of owning the title record and walk off into the sunset. CFB is getting more PC and Saban doesn’t seem like the PC type. Meyer isn’t dead yet but is an example of how one slip up can lead to a witch hunt that can kill a legacy. The earlier Saban gets out the easier it is to avoid these kinds of things.

First, Most, Biggest