Cool stuff around our world

I’ve used these before. A pig won’t even notice if he’s eating something good. But a calf can kick hard!!

Very popular with crabbers on Chesapeake Bay for closing 1 end of a bait bag

Not cool!

I bet you the 99999999 hotline was ringing off work…

Good morning everyone it’s a great day to enjoy life

2 Likes

Malta
SS Ohio Operation Pedestal

Valetta Present day

Resupply of Malta, RAF Spitfires launching from USS Hornet

Spitfire in a revetment

Incessant aerial bombardment that was worse than the Battle of Britain

Read Malta Spitfire Pilot by Denis Barnham

Later Mk IX Spitfire at Malta Museum

Most Spitfires involved at Malta were Mk Vc’s

In the summer of 1940 Britain only had three Gloster Gladiators crated up on Malta

They were named “Faith, Hope and Charity”

Faith survived for display

Malta was instrumental in defeating the Axis Forces in North Africa by serving as a base to attack and interrupt German and Italian supply convoys to North Africa.

1 Like

Had me on that one…

Guess she couldn’t read the signs about staying off the sand dunes.
She let me get about 20 ft from her.
She never run she just walked off.

1 Like

Probably eating fresh sea oats

1 Like

You can hand feed many of the deer in that area. Had a buck with a huge rack and itty bitty body I used to feed apples at one of the cell sites I took care of in that area. The does would just stay bedded down as you walked past them. Got one of his sheds.

‘Hovering’ shrimp boat spotted off Carolina coast (wistv.com)

Please be kind to opossums because it is getting really cold out. Many are searching for a warm place to combat the cold. Their fur doesn’t provide much insulation from the cold. Opossums are vulnerable to frostbite on their hairless tails, ears, and toes.

One important fact to note: Opossums do not carry rabies. It is a common myth that they do, but opossums’ body temperature is slightly lower than that of other mammals, and so the rabies virus cannot take hold.

Opossums eat fruits, snakes (opossums are immune to all types of snake venom, except that of the coral snake), insects, snails, slugs, eggs, mice, rats, fish, frogs, crayfish, carrion, and TICKS! If for no other reason than pest control, opossums are great to have around!

They are marsupials. Marsupials are the group of mammals commonly thought of as pouched mammals. Did you know that marsupials include opossums, Tasmanian devils, kangaroos, koalas, wombats, wallabies, bandicoots, and the extinct thylacine?

Please. This holiday season. Be kind. Be the change you wish to see in the world

Andy’s Paw Prints

www.andyspawprints.com

Kind of interesting
put peanut butter bait by nest at night to lure critters to dig up and eat Yellow Jacket nest inhabitants

North America’s only marsupial | | swnewsmedia.com

Nov 1941 Army Training in the Carolinas

Coastal Artillery gets mobile, M2 water cooled MG’s mounted in Chevy G7107 truck beds, Carolina Manuevers

Must’ve been really cold that day

Carolinas again

“Lee gets stopped by bad infrastructure, Monroe NC”

Credit to AR15 Gen Discussion
Hat tip to “Mal means bad”

1 Like