Costa Sunglasses - Too expensive for this headache

FYI, I have ordered 2 pair of Sunclouds recently from New York Glass.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

if you sit behind a computer for any length of time, download the steep and cheap app and watch for their multiple-times-per-day pop up sales on a variety of types of frames and lens combinations…I’ve picked up my last 3 pairs this way and haven’t paid over $100 for any pair, all of which have 580 glass lens…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

if you sit behind a computer for any length of time, download the steep and cheap app and watch for their multiple-times-per-day pop up sales on a variety of types of frames and lens combinations…I’ve picked up my last 3 pairs this way and haven’t paid over $100 for any pair, all of which have 580 glass lens…

Not even trying to hide money.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I may have a problem…There is one pair of Maui Jims and one pair of Sunclouds in the mix.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

I may have a problem…There is one pair of Maui Jims and one pair of Sunclouds in the mix.

Not even trying to hide money.

What’s your pumpkin sized head’s frame of choice?

Mine is large as well and all of my pairs are Zanes…but supposedly they’re abandoning or already have abandoned the frame.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

This is what i wear, polarized brown WARRANT

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

Fritz, can you write off a pair for me too??? LOL

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

I got my Suncloud Swaggers in the mail yesterday. $39 on Amazon. I’m impressed. Quality is similar to Costas, yet cheaper than a pair of Costa LENSES by almost half. Good stuff! Appreciate the recommendation.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

FYI, I have ordered 2 pair of Sunclouds recently from New York Glass.

You guys should check out www.experticity.com

They have great deals on tons of stuff you just have to be affiliated with a certain group or company. Like military, LEO, outdoor or sports company, etc.

400g Costas on their site are going for $50 right now. Good deals on 580s also.

Interesting thread. Just got me some sun clouds last week after reading through. I really like them so far!

Also thanks for sharing that link.

“mr keys”

I have three pairs of suncloud and they have lifetime warrenty and i have sent off one pair with scratched lenses and they sent me a new pair, no problems, and i have another pair of them on the bottom of Edisto river but you can find them online for around 40 bucks and they work for me . :smiley:

I bought a new pair of Sunclouds recently as a gift and then got an email asking me to review my purchase. For doing so, I got a 15% discount to use on my next purchase. Bought myself a pair of Miles in the camo frames for right at $30. Heck of a deal when you consider the warranty and the great customer service.

quote:
Originally posted by flywatt

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I’m going to see if I can find these at one of their local dealers: http://www.suncloudoptics.com/SUNGLASSES/Injection-Molded/Swagger/p/S-SGPPGYGNS?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Suncloud is made by Smith optics and is an excellent product with a great warranty.

I have these in the turquois.. love them. They are scratched so I need new lenses or a new pair...

Costas all the way. Never knew what I wasnt seeing in the water until I got my Costas, I have the glass 580s Even completely smashed the lenses & they replaced them for a small fee & a quick turnaround,-well worth it. I now have 2 pair. And its not a fashion statement, it`s all about what you can see & how clearly you can see it.

Sold on Costas:

I was originally going to send in a pair of Costas because the edges of the lenses were loosing their tint but by the time I finally got around to sending them in I noticed a crack in one of the lenses. Since I “cracked them” I didn’t think they could be considered a warrantee item any longer so I just sent them to be repaired. Instead of just asking them to replace the original lenses, I asked them for a quote for upgrading the original lenses to 580 lenses. I didn’t get their quote; instead, they sent me a new pair back (with the 580 lenses in them), with a no-charge invoice, and a note telling me to enjoy them. Their customer service couldn’t have been any better!

PS I have too many years behind me to be concerned with fashion statements… Mine stay in the boat so I don’t forget them… I guess it just comes down to priorities.

><>

quote:
Originally posted by Czech_Mate

I own 3 pair that way when I have to send one in i have a back up. Still a great product & service in my opinion.

You can always make money but you cant make time.

Pro'tip

I also have 3 pair amd the wife has 3-4 pairs.

I own a pair of Costas too but very much like the Sunclouds. I haven’t had to warranty Sunclouds yet. By the way, Palmetto Moon stocks Suncloud locally and they are about $50

2005 Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”

If you don’t sight fish a good bit, then it comes down to fit, fashion, and durability. Costa 580 glass is the best I’ve found for sight fishing and durability.

I learned about polirized glasses years ago in Costa Rica! I was on the fly bridge with the Capt. and he would point out all the sails and I never saw one till he gave me his glasses, WoW! I wore prescription at that time but bought a pr. soon as we hit the hill! Had a pr. made as soon I got back to the states and have been wearing them ever since.

My experience was quite different. Customer service rep was terrible and rude. I asked him why they couldn’t mail me the replacement lenses and you’d think I insulted his mother by his response.

quote:
Originally posted by Flat-Out

Sold on Costas:

I was originally going to send in a pair of Costas because the edges of the lenses were loosing their tint but by the time I finally got around to sending them in I noticed a crack in one of the lenses. Since I “cracked them” I didn’t think they could be considered a warrantee item any longer so I just sent them to be repaired. Instead of just asking them to replace the original lenses, I asked them for a quote for upgrading the original lenses to 580 lenses. I didn’t get their quote; instead, they sent me a new pair back (with the 580 lenses in them), with a no-charge invoice, and a note telling me to enjoy them. Their customer service couldn’t have been any better!

PS I have too many years behind me to be concerned with fashion statements… Mine stay in the boat so I don’t forget them… I guess it just comes down to priorities.

><>