Costa Warranty Problem

Whats the name of the store at Tanger that has the Sunclouds?

Shades mtp and sullivans has sunclouds in stock, thats where i always get mine

Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn’t go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks.

Any time i have a Costa issue i just take them to jackson davenport. They will send them to costa for you and from my experience it’s a much more painless process. Have had the pair i have now for 2 years with no issues. Love the lenses.

19’ American Skiff Coral Bay

Sent out an older pair (no etching on the lens) 2 weeks ago due to the rubber on the stems peeling. $12 bucks later, brand new pair.
I happen to see much better with my Costa’s & Serengheti’s than my Maui Jims, so the wife gets them.

Ok so after reading all of the comments. I had been noticing a while ago the rubber on the nose is almost completely gone and the rubber on the ears is pealing and cracking off. So I gather from all that I read they will cover this as a defect and fix for the standard shipping? Does anyone know if they still make the Stringer ST model I did a real real quick search on their website and cant find them? Which will upset me this pair fits me better than any other.

If a particular style of frame isn’t on their website, it is probably no longer offered. They usually allow you to select another style.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by Tigershrk21

Ok so after reading all of the comments. I had been noticing a while ago the rubber on the nose is almost completely gone and the rubber on the ears is pealing and cracking off. So I gather from all that I read they will cover this as a defect and fix for the standard shipping? Does anyone know if they still make the Stringer ST model I did a real real quick search on their website and cant find them? Which will upset me this pair fits me better than any other.

The rubber piece will be replaced for $12+shipping to them if nothing else is wrong. That’s what I expected on the pair that started this thread and it went kind of sideways on me.

If they aren’t on the site, just go to a store that carries a bunch and you’ll find a pair that suits your head/tastes. I’ve had 2 pairs replaced due to not-available-anymore and they all showed up with a better lens than I sent off. One even showed up with 580G lenses, which isn’t what I sent off. I’ve since dropped and broken that lens but the replace on that is $89.

One pair I sent in was a Blackfin tortoise + amber, which wasn’t a combination anymore. The blackfin style is still available, but they let me choose anything I wanted. I just changed the colors, but could have changed to any frame I wanted.

BG

ok so even if they quit making the frame they can fix the rubber? I only had to use the warranty when my wife broke a frame on my old pair.

“so even if they quit making the frame they can fix the rubber?”

That’s what they just did for me. Give them a call.

I might just do that this afternoon when office slows down

Well, bought a pair of Sunclouds while on Edisto on Wednesday.

Wore them Friday fishing, and Saturday morning left for a trip to Monkey Island, and got some spray in the sound. Wiped glasses with my Under Armor fishing shirt and wiped the freaking blue lens coating right off of the (**() things.

Took them back and they wouldn’t exchange them. I paid cash and didn’t keep the receipt. I have contacted Suncloud…no response yet.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by Tigershrk21

ok so even if they quit making the frame they can fix the rubber? I only had to use the warranty when my wife broke a frame on my old pair.

I’ve never had them actually fix the rubber, they just sent me new pairs.

I see sunbums says they did fix theirs, but I’d bank on having to get a new style.

Sucks about the Sunclouds. Any lens should be able to take a cleaning.

BG

Costa just charged me $11.95 for something so hopefully my “new” glasses show up this week

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

That’s really surprising Buddy. I’ve been wearing the same pair (blue lenses) for more than 4 years, never had an issue. The one warranty issue I had, Suncloud took care of no problem.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

That’s really surprising Buddy. I’ve been wearing the same pair (blue lenses) for more than 4 years, never had an issue. The one warranty issue I had, Suncloud took care of no problem.

I printed the return information today, and will send them off tomorrow.

What sucks even worse is I was trying to grab a pair before we left and didn’t…then found them in a shop with the wife…who of course tried to talk me out of them as I had a pair of Costas on my neck and a pair in the truck! I had talked them up to her and everyone with us, and then this crap happens.

I cannot think of ANYTHING that could have done this. I took them out of the bag and put my Cablz on them and they never left my neck other than to go to bed, and then right back on after a shower. NOTHING touched the lenses other than saltwater, some spit to clean them, and some microfiber style fishing shirts to wipe with.

Definitely nothing done differently than my normal practice of 15+ years of Costas…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Hmmm,

1. Took them off to go to bed.
  2. Cleaned with spit.

Both void the warranty. That fine print will always getcha’.

I had an expensive pair of prescription Costas. After about 13 months, the lens began to crystalize…or look like a car window that was shattered…spider lines across both lens. Optometrist office where I bought them returned them to Costa for me. Their response was that the problem stemmed from my leaving them on the dash of my SUV and the damage was caused by sun through the windshield. Since they were 13 months old, they were out of warranty. Cost full price to get prescription sunglasses replaced. BIG BUCKS!!! NOT happy with Costa!!!

Harold Wilcox
www.haroldshogwash.com

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Sent off a pair this morning for a warranty issue, let’s listen in

Brand new pair, frames, and lenses $11.95 in the house

Throw in 1500 yards of white braid for good measure

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

What was in your spit?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

What was in your spit?

I thought the same thing...but I have more couth.