Costa Warranty Problem

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Sent off a pair this morning for a warranty issue, let’s listen in

Brand new pair, frames, and lenses $11.95 in the house

Throw in 1500 yards of white braid for good measure

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

“Throw in 1500 yards of white braid for good measure…”
Traitor.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

What was in your spit?

Beer, Vodka, Fried B-liner, and king crab legs.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

The saga continues…
This process started 4/9. Got our shades back Friday afternoon, 5/26. My blackfins that Costa questioned the legitimacy of were fine. My wife’s new style replacement of her discontinued glasses were not quite on target:

Headed on vacation Thursday… she’s losing her patience about these glasses.

BG

I’d call Costa and tell them they should get it straight and overnight, or they can take their time and you will go buy a pair of Maui Jims, sell the replacement pair whenever that day comes, and that they lost a customer for life, and you will be sure to tell everyone about how they suck and MJs are great every chance you get.

Probably cost you an extra $150 but sometimes life is too short to get all worked up and let these things control your over all outlook on life. If spending a $150 gets me in a better mood and I can go on vacation without resentment or frustration, money well spent. Keep calm and carry on.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’ve owned Costas for a long time. They are not anything like they used to be. IMO they are crap now. The only reason I have them now is because they were fixed for free. I’ve also owned Maui jims a long time and they just don’t break or fall apart. I’ve had three pair of glasses I had to send back to costa. As long as they keep sending me new ones for free I’ll keep wearing them. Next pair will be Maui Jim and Wiley x. I’ve never owned Wiley x but I’m intrigued.

I agree, I am on my 4th pair, but I only bought the first ones. As long as I can get them replaced, which I am about to send off these that are 1 year old as the rubber is failing again, I will wear them. But the wife bought super expensive prescription ones 4 years ago, and had them replaced for free after 2 years, then the warranty was up and these are pretty much trashed. Never again, she’s getting a free set from insurance for driving, and will get a pair of Mauis for boating, golf, outdoors, etc. Never spending my money on Costas again.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115