Debunking the Myth that Science Disproves the Bibl

Science was born from man’s desire to acquire knowledge with greater certainty and objectivity than is available from “authoritative” sources and “expert” opinions. Since human opinion is fallible, a method was invented to provide greater objectivity through the testability of ideas …
Read More

nevermind

Science is not intent on disproving the Bible. The purpose of science is to discover and understand the truth.

j

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho

Science is not intent on disproving the Bible. The purpose of science is to discover and understand the truth.

j

Did you read the article?

Science has limitations of both its scope and method. The article describes how the scientific method is incapable of testing or falsifying historical accounts that describe supernatural events such as those described in the Bible.

Science is the wrong tool for investigating the claims of the Bible. Claiming science has disproven a miracle of Scripture is invalid, because science assumes miracles do not occur.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah

yes, i read the article. There is not one single reference to any “scientific study” that tried to disprove the Bible. There is no evidence the article was peer reviewed to validate claims or conclusions.

The article was written by someone with a singular point of view.

j

The sphere of science is the laws of nature (the natural world) as determined my repeatable experiment. When limited to its proper sphere and executed properly, it is very good at testing hypotheses and eliminating errors.

The sphere of the Bible is things of the spirit and how the supernatural interacts with the natural. This is a sphere about which science is incapable of speaking. People of faith who are knowledgeable about science usually only doubt science when it reaches beyond its sphere of the natural world and begins to make claims about things that belong to the sphere of the Bible.

The point of the linked article is to articulate more clearly how people are pushing science beyond its appropriate sphere when they claim that its conclusions somehow contradict the Bible.

Original Article

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah

Go beat your drum somewhere else. Stop posting this stuff up…not against religion just the crazies that try to push it on everyone. And I believe in evolution.

What fishcrazy said.

One could make 100’s of counterpoints to the argument posed, but they will most likely fall on deaf ears…

All I’ve got to say is that if reverend Jones offers you a glass of Kool-Aid, Don’t drink it:imp:

No one is forcing you to read anything. A lot of readers appreciate my posts, and I appreciate ■■■■■■■■ and thoughtful discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhqzOeJnto

give my knees to the needy, dont pull that crap on me…

Science also can’t 100% disprove magic either. I think the point of faith is to have faith. If you’re constantly going around trying to show that science can’t disprove it, then you ain’t got it.

quote:
Originally posted by LittleDrummerBoy

A lot of readers appreciate my posts

Can you prove that scientifically?

I am 100% satisfied in my mind that God created Evolution.

/excuse me while I go and eat my slice of cake.:wink:

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 21 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

The bigger question is whether God created man, or man created God…

It is a simple question, but has never been answered by man…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF

ok DH. But answer me this. Where is the missing link between MAN and sub man? We… Humans… are the youngest creatures on Earth and the most evolved. There is no doubt about sub- humans/ caveman and evolution… My take is GOD created Earth, got it to His/Her standard and then introduced MAN to Shepard what was created. I do not think MAN evolved. I believe MAN was put here by divine intervention. Think about it… Chimps., elephants, and dolphin have been on this Earth tens of thousands of years before Man… and they are only as “smart” as a well educated Human 5 year old.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

No doubt in my mind about God , all I have to do if the devil puts such a thought in my head is to step outside and look up and around
to see all he created that nothing/no one else could have .Evolution
does exist , god created it. I challenge anyone to provide another identity that can command the creation of life or to evolve into any form…Argue with it if you want, don’t believe it if you choose ,it’s at your risk of (**()ation not mine…:imp::imp:

The very first words in the bible!!!
In the beginning God created</font id=“red”></font id=“size2”></font id=“size3”>…
The bible was written by man but also inspired/created </font id=“red”> by God

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

God commands repentance and has already offered proof:

Acts 17
29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF

ok DH. But answer me this. Where is the missing link between MAN and sub man? We… Humans… are the youngest creatures on Earth and the most evolved. There is no doubt about sub- humans/ caveman and evolution… My take is GOD created Earth, got it to His/Her standard and then introduced MAN to Shepard what was created. I do not think MAN evolved. I believe MAN was put here by divine intervention. Think about it… Chimps., elephants, and dolphin have been on this Earth tens of thousands of years before Man… and they are only as “smart” as a well educated Human 5 year old.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

The first question is what constitutes man. Is it physical or spiritual? I believe the creation of man is our ensoulment. The Bible states we are created in the image of God. Many take that as physical. That is their right, but the Bible does have many instances of symbolism, and I believe man is ensoulment. That bridges evolution and Biblical man for me. To each his own, everyone has their take on it.

I do know one thing about whether evolution is true or not. I believe we are in a spiritual and mental devolution in the World. Therefore, if there is devolution, there must be evolution. Just take a look at our political environment… Talk about going downhill, a