Diving Saturday?

Is anyone spearfishing/diving this weekend? I would love to get out to Charleston 60, 4KI, or elsewhere if someone is going. Will chip in for gas/food. SCUBA gear needs to be serviced, so I would be free diving. Comfortable hunting up to 75ft.

It looks like Saturday would be the best day of this weekend. I can be reach via a PM or a text at 631-702-5980.
Thanks!

Just bought a Hawaiian Sling and don’t have any scuba gear. looking to get into the sport. How’s the hunting at the Charleston Nearshore Reef? Any advise would be welcomed. I’ve been through scuba cert twice and have dove all over the Abaco’s, so I’m not new to diving, just spearfishing.

21’ Maverick Master Angler
“There’s a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning” -J. Buffett

This isn’t the best place to use a Hawaiian Sling. I would recommend getting a cheap speargun AB biller or something along those lines. You will find sheepshead, spadefish, and the occasional cobia around the nearshore reefs. Hawaiian slings are better for clear water so you can track the fish down if you didn’t get a kill shot on it. (assuming the sling doesn’t have a reel)

Coastal Prints - Custom Fish Prints! You catch it, I print it. Visit www.coastal-prints.com to view other prints that I have done.

believe it or not, when i first dove the area a long time ago I only had a Hawaiian sling. I dove a 30ft wreck in the spring and filled a large stringer with sheepshead (10 fish) Vis was 10 feet and I actually lost about 5 that were huge that I couldnt keep on the spear (paralyzer tip). All the rest were 5-10lbs. It can be done but only in low visibility. Now I use a speargun exclusively. Although it is much easier to use the sling in some conditions. (reloading) . I must say that I had over 10 years experience using the sling in south florida. I will also say that if you get really good with the sling the speargun will be much easier to take accurate shots.