Drone Survey and Spot

Finally got my drone and preparing it for the upcoming fishing season , For now I am just using this for photography and found this spot. I do have a question about the spot where I circle red on the picture. Is that a good spot to drop bait ? Looks like a rip tide.

AGREED JARVIS ; LOOKS LIKE A RIP BUT IT MAY BE JUST A SWIRL FROM TIDE CHANGE ; LOOKS LIKE LOW TIDE IN THIS VIEW . BE INTERESTING TO SEE VIEW AT DIFFERENT STAGES ; ALSO IF THIS IS THE GRILLAGE AREA IT HAS TONS OF BOTTOM STRUCTURE THAT MAY AFFECT WATER TURBULENCE SPECIALLY AT LOW END OF TIDE ;;; MY 2CTS WORTH

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

That looks like the IOP side of breach inlet and that area is circled for the most part is shallow. That swirl is where the front beach current meets the sandbar and and the edge of the bed and he inlet channel there is a elevated hump of sand in front of that area and doesn’t have a dominant current from the channel or front beach and is kind of like the backwash from both. I’ve seen people fish there but from what I know of that spots not that great. The Sullivan’s side of breach is better and around the bridge is also. But I’m sure in the summer with a piece of shrimp you could catch whiting and other stuff.

All that flat water off that point to me looks shallow like 40 said. Bigger fish would be scared of coming in there on the outgoing tide because they don’t want to get stranded. It looks pretty dead and flat. My best guess that area would be better on the incomming tide if it was going to produce. Another option would be if the sand bar out front can be reached by foot and you walk out to it during the outgoing tide and cast off that, but you would have to be extremely careful “not to get caught on it” and stranded when the tide started to come back in. When the tide started to come in it would be time to pack up and get back to the beach. If you got cut off from being able to get back to the beach it would be a very dangerous situation. A lot of people have lost their lives swimming in that area. Nice to see you posting Werson:+1:

Thank you all for the ■■■■■■■■, I do have video of this area at the same time i will post it here soon once i finished editing.

I am kinda in agreement with Pete. I would start in this area with a little more water.

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot."

Depth chart of breach inlets most recent noaa survey at low tide, so you can add 5ftish to these depths for at high tide. It doesn’t change as much as the inlets around folly so I’d say it’s pretty accurate. Ignore the grainy-ness electronics do that when you take a picture of another screen, this site doesn’t let me post snapshots. It makes it hard to tell but But between breach and inlets is the channel and the word breach has a sandbar under it and so does inlet. Inlets Sand bar runs to where the point you circled is. it does appear to have a little more depth in the area you circled but it’s hard to say if that’s a good spot but I’d say give it a try. Behind the word breach and inlet on Sullivan’s is good fishing, it’s the station 30 area. It has a mix of river and surf fishing and has a lot of rock jetties to fish from there to the inlet.

https://nowcoast.noaa.gov/mariner.html this is a interactive depth chart for the coast and most of the major river areas and is updated when they update there system. It’s easier to use on something with a big screen but does work on a phone.

Here’s the video of the drone survey:

https://youtu.be/-FLBvAm2mQU

Enjoy the show!

A fantastic show it was Werson, thanks for sharing that it’s really cool:+1:

Please, if you do decide to fish there, be VERY careful. A boy from our high school drowned there a few years ago. Big athletic kid. Don’t take unnecessary chances for a fish.

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Optiker makes a good point. Even if you could walk to the bar from land if you made a mistake and the water came in and cut you off it could “kill you” so don’t do it. Bad advice on my part and I’m going to have to eat this one. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you Werson. If you weren’t paying attention to the tides it could be fatal which like he said no fish is worth that. Anyone reading this DO NOT GO ON THAT BAR!!!

(If you weren’t paying attention to the tides it could be fatal which like he said no fish is worth that. Anyone reading this DO NOT GO ON THAT BAR!!!
Runbabyrun)
Disclaimer acknowledged.
Hahaha

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Jarvis,

I’ve actually fished that spot you posted quite a bit. It looks really fishy and its good from high going to low once you can safely reach it. Make sure you don’t go out on that bar too soon. Bluefish, Whiting and Rays. That’s all I ever caught in that spot. A few markers up IOP is much better. Just go around the corner and find the troughs between the sandbars.

Capt. R. Killin 21 Contender "Killin Time"