EBT Cards

Dont take it if you dont need it. Otherwise you are just making it worse for everyone. Doyou want you vast 6 figure taxes getting higher to fill a mansion with food stamps? Hell why dont you tell her to line up at the soup kitchen and request FEMA funds to fill a puddle in her back yard too.

First, Most, Biggest

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by Jerk Bait

I disagree on that, but respect your point(s). I think if you’ve put that money into a savings account and have a legal right to use it, so be it. Yuppy, wasp, soccer milf, or whatever, no stigma attached in my opinion.

So there shows the definition of TooBusy’s character and your’s.

As is Jughead, Easy, Joseph69, and Capt Fritz?

I have a friend who’s parents are very wealthy. The last thing they need is Social Security. When the mother became eligible for it she used it to buy her kids and grandkids furniture and fun stuff!

Thoughts on that?

I bet $1 that she doesn’t qualify because of her other liquid assets because of “resource limits”. Just a thought.

I think the following questions should weigh into the decision:

1. Does someone else get denied benefits when you receive them?
  2. Do you have to lie or hide anything to qualify?
  3. Will you feel guilty for taking benefits?

You could be correct. And Severance Package is a BIG lump sum.

I think the following questions should weigh into the decision:
1) Does someone else get denied benefits when you receive them? Does anyone get denied benifits who is eligible? We’re in the Obama era after all

2) Do you have to lie or hide anything to qualify? No

3) Will you feel guilty for taking benefits? That’s a subjective question. Some will and some won’t. If you’re eligible honestly and legally, should you feel good / bad about taking them? Each person has to answer that unto them self, and I don’t feel there is a right / wrong answer. If you’re a judgmental person then you will probably have a stronger opinion than someone who isn’t as judgmental.

Great questions though. Thanks!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

I disagree on that, but respect your point(s). I think if you’ve put that money into a savings account and have a legal right to use it, so be it. Yuppy, wasp, soccer milf, or whatever, no stigma attached in my opinion.

So there shows the definition of TooBusy’s character and your’s.

As is Jughead, Easy, Joseph69, and Capt Fritz?

If people are taking something just because they can and not because they need it, and therefore taking that benefit away from someone who truly needs it to survive, then yes.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Read above ^. We’re in the Obama era. Who get’s denied anything they are eligible for? And therein lies a huge part of the problem. So many who abuse it, and get it just b/c they are simply “here” are the problem. Not those who have paid their way.

Let’s ask another question. I’m a decent fisherman, so should I take 10 trout every time I go fishing? It’s legal

There’s a difference between what is legal and what is moral.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

If it’s legal to take 10, and you consume 10, does that make it immoral? That’s up to you. Is everyone who keeps 10 immoral? I would think not!

And that’s a very poor analogy. You spin that question till the cows come home.

If you’re walking out of walmart parking lot after shopping and see a $5 bill on the ground are you immoral if you stick it in your pocket and not go turn it in to customer service, all the while keeping your fingers crossed that the $5 finds it’s way back to it’s rightful owner?

Too Busy - Juan Doe just crossed an imaginary line in the sand and is now in the USofA. He’s entitled to food stamps and has never contributed a thing to the US. Is it morally cleaner that he get them than the person who has paid a lot of taxes and contributed to the system for 25 years?

My point is that if everyone takes just because they can, pretty soon there is nothing left.

The same holds true with the magic pot of money.

There isn’t an unlimited supply of either.

You should take a deep breath and try not to post three in a row…Fritz makes these rules; not me. That’s strike two. One more and we’ll have to put you in timeout.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

That’s great point and I respect your opinion. And I don’t consider you immoral at all for keeping all those trout!

I know, I know. I got carried away for a moment then realized I over strobed. Capt Fritz is compassionate though. Maybe not moral, but definitely compassionate

Juan Doe need to be deported

Juan Doe need to be deported

I don’t need 10 trout ever, let alone every time I go fishing.
I don’t need EBT to buy groceries should I get fired or laid off.

I don’t need to debate the differences between welfare and an earned benefit, but here I am…