Edisto Palmetto Charters, LLC 10/25/17

Loaded the live well with shrimp and finger mullet to start the trip with an awesome crew from Greenville, SC. Plenty of fresh water on the North Edisto River near Dawhoo Landing leftover from Monday. Caught a few fresh water squealers but no quality fish. Moved closer to the ocean and found a few schools of red drum around the shell rakes on incoming tide. Moved to the creeks to get out of the wind and found some nice sheepshead and more red drum. All fish were caught with live shrimp.

Capt Buddy Bizzell
Edisto Palmetto Charters
803-603-2781
Like Edisto Palmetto Charters on Facebook!
Being on the water is a blessing, catching fish is a bonus!

What size shrimp did you catch, are they getting bigger? Sounds like yall had a good mourning!

Shrimp were mostly medium with a few nice ones mixed in.

Capt Buddy Bizzell
Edisto Palmetto Charters
803-603-2781

Buddy, when you catch sheepshead are you getting right beside a dock or bridge piling and fishing straight up and down to feel the bite? I’ve caught a lot of sheep and this is the only way I’ve done it. Just wondering if there is some other method to use or is that the only way. In creeks I can only imagine them against dock pilings. Are you targeting them or are you guys just randomly hooking one here and there casting shrimp under docks?

I don’t target sheepshead, but they are plentiful in some of the areas I fish. Trees that are still under water at low tide in creeks will usually hold a variety of fish like red drum, black drum, trout, flounder as well as sheepshead. Fishing on the bottom with live shrimp will give you a shot at landing any of these fish.

Capt Buddy Bizzell
Edisto Palmetto Charters
803-603-2781

Thanks, Buddy! Was just wonderin’.