Edisto Spadefishing

We are heading down to Edisto next week. Usually we fish inshore for redfish. About fifteen years ago I went spade fishing. It was the only time I have ever gone. I think we went to the “A” or “C” can but I can’t really remember. I know we caught jelly balls to use for bait. We caught fish all morning and had a blast. If we get a nice calm morning next week, I was thinking of trying that again. Could anybody tell me if my memory served me right about the “A” or “c” can or if you can even catch spade fish there anymore.
Thanks for any advice.

The Edisto 40 and 60 usually have more spades then the A can but sometimes you will see them there

Please excuse the amateurish question, but what is the Edisto 40 and 60? Are they artificial reefs, markers or what? Like I said earlier, I spend most of the time fishing around Charleston and inshore around Edisto.

if you remember the old Dawhoo bridge the 40 foot reef is the concrete slab that was left over from the demo and the 60 foot reef has the frame of the bridge as well as a bounch of other stuff. The marina should have the coordinates for both the 40 and 60 they are also on offshore bottom charts.

Go to Library to the left of the page, drag down to Reefs.
GPS coordinates, plus more, there.

SeaPro 180CC
Fish On!

quote:
Originally posted by Edisto82

if you remember the old Dawhoo bridge the 40 foot reef is the concrete slab that was left over from the demo and the 60 foot reef has the frame of the bridge as well as a bounch of other stuff. The marina should have the coordinates for both the 40 and 60 they are also on offshore bottom charts.

The Edisto 60 also has two sunken ships. One has worn down to hardly nothing, but the other is a 300ft. ship upside down on the bottom. Have seen lots of spades, sheepsheads, and baracudas on recent dives. Be careful anchoring on them. If you lose it, I’ll get it on my next dive.</font id=“Comic Sans MS”></font id=“size3”></font id=“blue”>

quote:
Originally posted by edistobrad
quote:

The Edisto 60 also has two sunken ships. One has worn down to hardly nothing, but the other is a 300ft. ship upside down on the bottom. Have seen lots of spades, sheepsheads, and baracudas on recent dives. Be careful anchoring on them. If you lose it, I’ll get it on my next dive.</font id=“Comic Sans MS”></font id=“size3”></font id=“blue”>

brad,
How was the river run?? Get Wet?? :smiley:

I knew the 300 foot ship was still there i also think they dumped some old voting booths at one point and time

Voting booths? Are you serious? That is kind of random, isn’t it?

Just trying to learn every bit I can about saltwater fishing…

quote:

I knew the 300 foot ship was still there i also think they dumped some old voting booths at one point and time

Have not seen any voting booths down there. I dive the 60 for anchors and live bottom for fish. Lil'sleepy, the river run was wet on Saturday. Have you gone to the gulf in the new boat yet, or Are you still getting ready to marry that pretty girl?

There are some steel yarn racks from Dupont but no voting booths. Edisto Forty also has APCs ( Armored Personnel Carriers). Diving last week saw lots of Gag grouper in sixty feet of water but very few in 85.

I’m going this weekend to some live bottom out of Charleston that sounds promising for hog fish, grouper, and lobsters.:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by edistobrad
quote:

Have not seen any voting booths down there. I dive the 60 for anchors and live bottom for fish. Lil'sleepy, the river run was wet on Saturday. Have you gone to the gulf in the new boat yet, or Are you still getting ready to marry that pretty girl?

I’ve been twice, but that marrying/home remodeling thing is taking 98% of my time… I think I’ll pull rank this weekend and try to give a sailfish a jump if we can.

[/quote]

I’ve been twice, but that marrying/home remodeling thing is taking 98% of my time… I think I’ll pull rank this weekend and try to give a sailfish a jump if we can.
[/quote]

Let me know how you do. I hope the weather is nice this weekend for both of us. I will be going out of Charleston. I will let you know how I do with the spear-fishing.

new gps! can someone post the coordinates for the 40, 60 and edisto banks!
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by david stemen

new gps! can someone post the coordinates for the 40, 60 and edisto banks!
Thanks

Look in the Library on CharlestonFishing.com for the coordinates.</font id=“size3”></font id=“Comic Sans MS”></font id=“blue”>