Elf on a shelf

How come I wind up with the bad one? I’m gona kick his little jerk AZZ!

oh boy. this will be the next viral thread on CF.com

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

All Elf on the shelves should be decapitated. Dumbest thing ever created, next to the pet rock.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

All Elf on the shelves should be decapitated. Dumbest thing ever created, next to the pet rock.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Amen!!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

The first time my kids asked for one I told them the truth about what they are. I know a kid who believed in there’s until 7th grade. So sad.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Geronimo, that’s like a kid telling his parents that he doesn’t believe in Santa anymore! After that, he gets underwear and socks for XMAS and not toys! Cause all kids know, Santa brings toys:wink:

I have little kids and you can’t get away with not having one. It is such a risk to the whole Santa scheme. Everyone talks about them differently. Ours shows up the night we put a tree up, our kids’ cousins have to read a book, take him out of some magic box and place him on the mantle the first night. Other kids have an elf for each kid, some of which are girl elfs. There’s a dang reindeer in some houses. Heck, they sit on the shelf in Walmart for sale. It’s a time bomb of deceit waiting for a smart kid to figure it all out before he should! Margin over magic in this case!

BG

Elf on the shelf and believing in Santa have nothing to do with each other.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

And you are doing Santa wrong. He doesn’t bring the cool expensive gifts at my house. That dude isn’t getting credit for the big toys at my house.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

“Elf on a Shelf” was so overdone, we practice “Bird on a Turd” at my house.

quote:
Originally posted by btodag

I have little kids and you can’t get away with not having one. It is such a risk to the whole Santa scheme. Everyone talks about them differently. Ours shows up the night we put a tree up, our kids’ cousins have to read a book, take him out of some magic box and place him on the mantle the first night. Other kids have an elf for each kid, some of which are girl elfs. There’s a dang reindeer in some houses. Heck, they sit on the shelf in Walmart for sale. It’s a time bomb of deceit waiting for a smart kid to figure it all out before he should! Margin over magic in this case!

BG

You have to admit, its marketing genius, though.

We have one for our house and now have 3 girls. This year my oldest told us that we needed 2 more elves for the twins that are now 2 years old and are just starting to learn about Christmas. We told her that one elf was good enough to handle our whole household.

Its a bear trying to not forget the dang thing before we go to bed, and we have forgotten it in the past. Makes me feel kind of slimy having to lie to my kids for what amounts to a marketing strategy.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:

I’m not sure how not at ages 3 and 6. The story is he flies back at night to give last minute updates to Santa. Pretty much a link to the Santa story.

BG

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin
quote:

BG

You have to admit, its marketing genius, though.

We have one for our house and now have 3 girls. This year my oldest told us that we needed 2 more elves for the twins that are now 2 years old and are just starting to learn about Christmas. We told her that one elf was good enough to handle our whole household.

Its a bear trying to not forget the dang thing before we go to bed, and we have forgotten it in the past. Makes me feel kind of slimy having to lie to my kids for what amounts to a marketing strategy.

Exactly what I’m talking about. Someone is sitting nicely with the royalties from this whole thing, meanwhile we’re juggling a story growing in complexity.

BG

quote:
quote:

I’m not sure how not at ages 3 and 6. The story is he flies back at night to give last minute updates to Santa. Pretty much a link to the Santa story.

BG

So you think you have to believe in EotS to believe in Santa?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Geronimo, isn’t feeling the love from his Pet Rock, anymore:smiley:

I just think folks are playing with fire on this. It’s a commercial travesty that jeopardizes the magic of Santa and puts other parents in an odd position that elect to see it for what is. DAF.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

19’ American Skiff Coral Bay

I love em. My two oldest have em for their kids and I can’t help but laugh at my grand kids when they tell me that the elf knew they did something bad or good. They will fizzle out in a few years, but I’m gonna enjoy listening to my grands talk about em while I can.

Thanks for the laugh Easy, that’s pretty good.

Could we possibly be over-thinking this whole thing? Is Elf on the Shelf really this news worthy? Is it really hurting society and/or diminishing the thought and impact of Santa Claus?

If it brings some joy to a young child’s/family’s life, is it really as detrimental as it’s being made out to be in this thread? So some think it’s stupid/dumb. Ok, so what. Some non-conformists think it’s giving into commercialization. This is definitely over-thinking it and these people need to take themselves less serious.

My household doesn’t participate in EOTS but only because we never got into it. Like I said, if it makes a child smile and/or gives a family fond memories, is it really a bad thing or somehow detrimental to society? My son believes Earnest Scared Stupid is the funniest movie in the world. I think it’s just plain stupid but it puts a smile on his face (actually he belly laughs until he gets the hiccups) so why would I deprive him of that? While I hate the movie, I love watching him crack up as he watches it.

I’m not looking forward to the day he has his Santa Clause epiphany but we’re going to live it to the fullest until that day. Some children anticipate EOTS just as much as Santa Claus. Why take something like that away from a child simply because you might not like it or you think it’s stupid or you think it’s giving in to commercialization/a marketing ploy? Scrooges!

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

Could we possibly be over-thinking this whole thing? Is Elf on the Shelf really this news worthy? Is it really hurting society and/or diminishing the thought and impact of Santa Claus?

If it brings some joy to a young child’s/family’s life, is it really as detrimental as it’s being made out to be in this thread? So some think it’s stupid/dumb. Ok, so what. Some non-conformists think it’s giving into commercialization. This is definitely over-thinking it and these people need to take themselves less serious.

My household doesn’t participate in EOTS but only because we never got into it. Like I said, if it makes a child smile and/or gives a family fond memories, is it really a bad thing or somehow detrimental to society? My son believes Earnest Scared Stupid is the funniest movie in the world. I think it’s just plain stupid but it puts a smile on his face (actually he belly laughs until he gets the hiccups) so why would I deprive him of that? While I hate the movie, I love watching him crack up as he watches it.

I’m not looking forward to the day he has his Santa Clause epiphany but we’re going to live it to the fullest until that day. Some children anticipate EOTS just as much as Santa Claus. Why take something like that away from a child simply because you might not like it or you think it’s stupid or you think it’s giving in to commercialization/a marketing ploy? Scrooges!

“…be a man and PM me.”

We have a winner :smiley: