Favorite Pocket Knife

Lemme resurect this old thread that I thought about while I just put an edge back on this puppy!

I did end up taking the advice on the H1 steel and an American made Spyderco. I think i got this one around 2020 so. Salt 5. Sure is sweet, a few drags on the stone and the edge comes right back. Been used and abused and no real rust. Surface blemishes literally wipe right off. Took a little getting used to coming from the assisted opening style for so long, but im quite efficient with it now.

Ive got a box of pocket knives and a bag of kitchen knives Ive been saving for “future reference”.

Was showing them to a friend recently and he asked me why I keep “saving them for later”, and you know what? Hes right, it IS later, lol.

I’ve started gifting some of them, a knife is a gift a guy can give another guy without bows, ribbons, and hugs.

These are the two Im using mostly now. The spiderco is a work knife I sometimes abuse, it can handle the load. The Boker is my Sunday Go To Meeting Knife, when I’m in nice non-work clothes.

True story, my pop told me once when I was maybe 12 or so that “If you dont have a knife in your pocket son, you might as well be wearing a dress”

Handed down through my uncle. It was his father’s, my grandfather, back in the 60s and 70s

Great additions fellas… That Buffalo Skinner is a real treasure! You have it on display like I do my signed cue balls I hope ha.

EF, I have kept a knife close since a little tyke myself. I had an old electrician that I was helper to back in the 90’s inform me that I wasnt an electrician if I didnt have a pocket knife on me. Had one on me then and he just smiled… I miss ole Teddy, he was my favorite electrician to learn from.

I have a similar Boker, only with a single blade.

This

Elcheapo cuz I lose or break it, it’s lightweight and works for what I need

Keep ‘em sharp

I bought me one of them spider knives five years ago when y’all recommended them. I keep it clipped on me at all times.Don’t use it much, but I feel good about it being there. I did cut the line on a bush hook that my drunken buddy got snagged on.One hand operation is nice.

2 Likes

There’s a black handled Salt2 somewhere along a stream near Table Rock, been there since April '22 unless somebody found it by now.

Dang thing came off my belt some point during a day of ultralight trout fishing and didn’t realize it till i got home. Great knife, super light… and total corrosion immunity is a fancy freaking trick. Hope somebody else has a razor edge on it now.

Bought a $30 Gerber that does the job and of course since then I can’t lose it.

Good thread Stump, thanks for pulling it back up.

3 Likes

I buy these Victorinox filet knives at a Flea Market, in Spartanburg.

I must have a dozen or so?

$5.00 each.

Used by meat cutters in processing plants.

You can make out the serial number burnt into the handle, if you look closely.

Sharpen easy, and hold an edge.

This is what I carried when I was the baddest MFer on the waterfront.Just kidding,there was ww2 guys,chosinresorvoir guys,ear collectors from nam ,hells angels.Bunch of swell guys that I was proud to know.

I still need to learn how to post pictures from my phone. I bought a beat up old pocket knife from my local flea market. The handle was gone so I carved a handle for it and cleaned most of the rust off of the blades. Only marking is on the big blade which is (I think) K 1 5. Probably not worth anything but the blades seem to be made of some tough steel and hold an edge well. Definitely not a great knife but a lot sturdier than a lot of newer knives.

From Wyoming, near Cody.

Mighty Impressive!

Your work?

I wish! Bought it from a knife maker there that makes them out of elk sheds

Granddad had this made for me by his buddy in Florida when I was born. Mom finally gave it to me when I was 12 or 14 iirc.

Does this icon show up in your reply box?

Yes

Thanks. Now I can share fishing pictures

This is my get you off me knife.

2 Likes

I just ordered me a benchmade bugout mini. I want something quality and light for everyday carry.