Fishing for the Light Offshore Classic

Teams Cat Lady and O’Tay got offshore yesterday on O’Tay to practice for next weekend. Picked away at the dolphins all day with the highlight being this 50 lb. slob caught in 1,100 ft next to a floating birthday balloon. We’ll be looking for his twin brother on Saturday!

I see on the registration that there are only 6 crew slots, are we limited to 6 or do our children count as crew? Asking because I have the crew but also have my son that I would like to go as well.

Hi, Cat-chum-up,

Thanks for bringing this up. When designing the registration form, we had to pick some number of blanks, so we picked six. However, there is no rule governing maximum crew size, of course, bearing in mind capacity for safe operation.

We hope your son catches the winning fish!

Chad

See yal thurs @ captains meeting. Can I bring $$$ and register my buddies up Also Said he didn’t know if he could make it in time.

The Captains’ Meeting is at Sunset Cay, this Thursday, May 22 at 7:00 p.m. The rules previously said 6:00 p.m. and have been corrected. Sorry for any confusion.

so final registration is 6-7 and then the captain’s meeting starts at 7?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Foxhunter, you may represent your buddy’s boat at the meeting. Please bring his completed registration form with you. Here’s a link to the form: http://nebula.wsimg.com/1a4763768c91bac60083335af267fb20?AccessKeyId=F4FD8D6E9537AF009F4F&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

We will be at Sunset Cay taking registrations on Thursday starting at about 6:00 and will bring the meeting to order at 7:00 or as soon all teams represented there have been registered.

FYI, in addition to the registration form you will also need to bring cash for him which is $150 to register and $100 for each of the 4 Calcutta’s he wishes to enter

Shirts are in!

got a good phone number for sunset cay
588 0001 not good
ben

The number for Sunset Cay is (843) 588-0051.

Thanks Chad, see you Thursday

Can anyone posts some numbers for entering stono inlet from offshore? If not, then any tips would be appreciated.

There will be folks who know the inlet at the Capt’s meeting tonight. Just ask around.

How many boats ended up entering? 14 when I left. We still on for tomorrow? I see NOAA is calling for severe thunderstorm warning in the morning.

The tournament is on for tomorrow. Fourteen boats entered. We are following the forecast too, and advise that all Captains and crews keep diligent watch of the weather conditions.

Last I saw the wind is supposed to blow 15 out of the NE. Y’all have fun with that.

why would the tournament not be fished sunday instead? that doesn’t make much sense with the weather and a long weekend…

Brought that up on Friday, it was shot down because it was not small craft. I stayed on the hill and will fish the better days this weekend.

G & W Boatworks, LLC
Detailing & Bottom Painting
843-991-1495

Well, how did everybody do???

2004 22’ Century
Reel Cocky