Fishing the Rocks

I need some help. I have fished the rocks at least 10 times during the last two falls, and have never caught a redfish. I have tried many locations and am always in and amongst the armada. I know I am over structure bc I see it on the sounder and I am catching lots of weakfish, whiting and small BSBs and grunts and the occasional shark. I am using two rods, one with live bait either small mullet or something I catch and the other with cut mullet or whiting. I have tried all times of the tide cycle. I have to be doing something horribly wrong, I cannot possibly be that unlucky. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hydra-Sport 3300VX
18 Key West

Sounds to me, you are doing nothing wrong. If you are catching BSB, weakfish, and whiting, then you are on good structure which obviously should hold fish when they come through. Chumming with a chum bag plus tossing a handful of shrimp heads or small chunks of cut bait every 5 or so minutes will dramatically increase the numbers of fish that will stay close to the boat.

Thanks Ron. Good to know I am not missing something major. Just gotta keep trying I guess.

Hydra-Sport 3300VX
18 Key West

Fresh caught cut mullet on a Carolina rig will work

My brother was visiting from Spain two weeks ago and
We fished the rocks landing 3 reds . He had a blast. Caught them on fresh cut mullet that we caught in cast net .

Nice fish! Great picture, do any good with the shrimp poles?

Shrimping not good after heavy rain . Got a cooler but mostly mediums. St Helena sound best spot for them but I prefer bulls bay for the bigger ones. I’ve been shrimping many years now and come to conclusion I don’t want them small/ medium any more. Bought 10 ft 3/4 inch for Bulls bay and it works very well

It also sucks when your brother comes all the way from Spain and doesn’t like to eat shrimp

My brother was visiting from Spain two weeks ago and
We fished the rocks landing 3 reds . He had a blast. Caught them on fresh cut mullet that we caught in cast net .