Folly Beach Pier Fishing Report 10/21

Just got back from a day on the pier at FB. Took my plugging rod, but as asoon as we arrived and I saw the mud line well past the end of the pier I knew that would be a futile effort. Fished behind the breakers with dead shrimp on a two hook rig and it was game on with the weak fish (grey trout) they were all in the 10-12 inch range, but they were consistent from around 10:30 til around 3. I caught and released at least 20 or more. I stuck a single 13 incher in my cooler. My wife never broke the 12 inch range, mine was the only one we took home. Saw about a 15 inch speckled trout caught next to me on cut mullet. We caught some nice whiting, one so big I thought it was a juvenile red drum. We caught a few blues on cut mullet also. Did not see any pompano caught, but the water was pretty murky which is probably why. Further down the pier there were catching a lot of clear nose rays, so I stayed close to the breakers as I did not feel like wrestling them. Breezy wind from the north kept the day cool.