Fox Follies

That is a really cool pic! Thanks for sharing!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Thanks. I should have added a description. The Mom (her rear end toward the camera) is cleaning out the den. The kits were tearing around like lunatics until the one jumped over Mom going left to right as she worked. Mom was not amused and said so. With his siblings watching, jumping kit turns and makes the dangerous return trip.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

I’d rather see one jerking around in a Duke #2

Dam chicken killers…they’ll work over the cottontails as well

Polly, please seek help.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Tally Ho MFers.:smiley:

Palmer,
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
There was a ruckus in my chicken coop, which is 20 steps from my front door. I shined a light on a young, healthy, red fox with a pinned chicken and biting feathers…and getting an ass kicking from a couple of other chickens.

I had a 22 and could have killed it…I opened the gate and let him out…and that fox was getting it.
I brought the chickens into the foxes’ environment…the fox found out it wasn’t a not so easy meal…hasn’t been back.
If I’d of had my old rooster…he’d of killed that fox.
Lucky fox…considering how tough nature can be.

I don’t kill animals unless I plan to eat them. I taught my boy that…and he has a respect for life. He enjoys the hunt…not the kill.

I got a lot more to say…but I won’t. You a good man Palmer…and there’s a Henry O right around the corner in my hood. The bow is pretty radical with all the strakes. Must be something to it since you like it so much.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Pfffft…a few softies here, how quaint.

So, I get bringing the chickens into the foxes environment, but what about the cottontails? I sit too many times in a deer stand and hear rabbits getting mauled by a red or a grey, just so happens I hunt rabbits after deer season, very challenging to hit a bunny wide open in front of little beagles! I will care for my rabbits, birds of prey are completely off limits, but foxes and yotes are not welcome on my property, I will exterminate every last one, given the opportunity.

Perhaps y’all should start a petition, gets some signatures, and send it to SCDNR director of furbearer season, cause I trap the hell out the foxes December-March!

Down Boy

More Wag & Less Bark

Yep…

pos·er1
/ˈpōzər/
noun
noun: poser; plural noun: posers
a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.

RBF Radicals Blame Foxitis

*** My valuable insight, wisdom, and truth is the inspiration for many signature lines, tantrums, and meltdowns…

The worst case of ad hominem fallacy I have ever seen.

I know you’ll have to google it immediately, but just know you look to me like someone poured a bucket of it over your head, tore the handle off and shoved it down your throat just before cramming the bucket and remnants of said “ad hominem fallacy” right up your arse.

I wasn’t going to give you the satisfaction of ever replying to your self aggrandized ramblings, but much like a dog dick gnat on a hot summer porch, your constant swarming occasionally deserves a swat.

GFY

As You Were

Mama mama he’s cramming buckets up azzes and swatting dog dick gnats make him stop… boo hoo “MAMA”
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

BOB

Run y’all!!! Polly’s comin’!!!

Not watchin’ his six.

Still not watchin…

Close as I could get with feet + modest lens…

Varmints, or not. They’re cool.

Those pics a so cool!

Had one as a pet years ago when I was a child. I remember my dad going outside and tapping the dish we fed it from and it would come running. Lived in the country up north on a dirt road in Dairy country. As little traffic as there was, got hit by a car in front of our house.

Had a couple coons as well that were raised from babies and had to bottle feed as eyes weren’t even open yet. These discovered from nearby farmers removing bales of hay from the mow.

Maybe I can text someone a pic that can be posted of my friend holding it. Pretty cool. Gonna have to take a pic of the old pic.

The pic I have is from 1981.

NN

Posted for double n

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

doubleN,
In elementary school (decades back), lived on the edge of the West Ashley burbs. Dad had a colleague that removed a coon nest from his chimney and Dad brought a baby coon home. Great/hilarious pet. We lived across a creek from a large wooded area and Moonshine eventually went wild.

One Christmas, we had out of town relatives come for the holidays. My brother was booted out of his room for the relatives and he slept on the sofa. Middle of the night, Moonshine, who we had not seen for months, shows up at the back door. Brother lets her in and goes back to sleep. Next morning… Christmas morning… Christmas tree on its side, 2/3rds of a pound cake gone. Various other items moved/missing/abused. Back sliding door cracked open and Moonshine gone for the last time. Never saw her again. When we pulled the boat out the next Spring and removed the tarp, the two back seats had large piles of Christmas candy (you thought I was going to say poop, didn’t you?). That coon had made multiple trips in and out of the house with a mouth full of candy building the stash.

We moved, to a new place early in high school and ended up with a nest in one of the walls. Had to get that out and ended up with 3 babies. Runt died. Absolute bedlam as the other two grew. They were too agile and way too smart to be pets. We had no A/C so windows and doors had screens. The coons would climb up the screen door, put a foot on the latch button, bounce the door until they could quickly reach a hand around the inside of the door, then, shinny down the door keeping that hand on the inside, then in they’d come. Any time of the day or night. Drove the dogs absolutely crazy when they wanted to.

Hilarious pets. But, too smart and to capable and to independent. Never really completely tame.

Haha, The Poser EF is having another meltdown… Imagine that…

You do realize there needs to be an argument presented for there to be an “ad hominem fallacy” to occur, correct?

I only made a statement of agreement for your new moniker that you created, as it does describe you here very well… And like clockwork, you throw a tantrum, and then a meltdown…

Since you like analogies here is mine for you:
You seem like the kind of person who would kick their dog in the junk repeatedly trying to kill a “dog dick gnat” all summer long… And, then be completely bewildered why he growls and bites you by the end of the summer when you walk up on the porch because in your mind you thought you were doing him a favor…

You are irascible to say the least… Again, your self proclaimed moniker describes you very well… Enjoy it, I know I will…

pos·er1
/ˈpōzər/
noun
noun: poser; plural noun: posers
a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.

RBF Radicals Blame Foxitis

*** My valuable insight, wisdom, and truth is the inspiration for many signature lines, tantrums, and meltdowns…

Just got home from hanging out with Son, Dil and that awesome Grandson (16 months old). DIL is 10 weeks into another one.

Anyway, Thanks OTC for posting that old pic!

Palmer,

That’s a great read, regarding your raccoon experience!! Most do retain that wild side, as a couple I had as a child prior to this one were nowhere near as docile, even after being bottle fed with eyes still closed.

Got bit once and dad hauled em off and let em go back were they needed to be.

Gotta run, off next ten days and headed to the coast…

Take care y’all

NN

Not to detract from the foxes…

I got a coon story.

I was on a framing job and a bulldozer was clearing a lot. There was a coon crawling around on the frame and then got in his lap. I stopped and watched as this guy was petting that coon…running a dozer…and the coon kept rubbing its head.

Needless to say…I had to go see this.
I walked up and the guy turns and looks at me and there was this small amount of drool coming out of the side of his mouth( right side I believe). He turned back to drop the blade and turn the engine off and drooled on the coon which started rubbing its head…and cleaning itself…
The guy talked about raising it and gave it a stick of Dentyne Gum that it enjoyed immensely.
The drooling…I didn’t axe…probably a stoke or salivary gland injury…he wiped his mouth with a towel he had up there with him.
I finished some roof felt waiting on this guy to quit for the day. He shuts the dozer down … climbs down and the coon jumps down…walking behind him like a dog. He gets to the truck…opens the door…coon jumps in and they gone.

Wouldn’t let my kids keep baby coons cause they are coons. They got personalities like peeps. Some good…some bad.

Now flying squirrels…they another animal.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
The ENTER-NET Fisherman