Full size half ton trucks

I drive a 2014 chev1500 with the v6. Just under 300 hp which is 70 ponies over my last v8 chev. 20 in town and the best hwy so far was 28 mpg per the computer. Runs like a scalded ape. Crew cab short bed two wheel drive. Just pulled a 6x12 loaded trailer with daughters furniture to Atlanta and got 22 mpg hwy. That was at 70 -75 miles per hour.

My last four trucks have been chev. Put about 150k each on them and trade after five years. No repairs ever. Nada. No dash issues or rust.
I guess I have been the lucky one.

My son is on his second chev trk and no problems there either.

big dog

23sf, I raced a 4x4 F150 SCREW with the 5.0L… The ecoboost jumped out 2 truck lengths on him and I never saw him again. I still got better gas mileage doing it too. Don’t drive the ecoboost if you don’t want a Ford.

As for that suicide tailgate, many a hand is gonna end up in that. It’s a gimmick… Move on little doggy.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

quote:
Originally posted by Wando Grill

I drive a 2014 chev1500 with the v6. Just under 300 hp which is 70 ponies over my last v8 chev. 20 in town and the best hwy so far was 28 mpg per the computer. Runs like a scalded ape. Crew cab short bed two wheel drive. Just pulled a 6x12 loaded trailer with daughters furniture to Atlanta and got 22 mpg hwy. That was at 70 -75 miles per hour.

My last four trucks have been chev. Put about 150k each on them and trade after five years. No repairs ever. Nada. No dash issues or rust.
I guess I have been the lucky one.

My son is on his second chev trk and no problems there either.

big dog

You drove 600,000 miles without a repair? Really bud?

Brakes, tune ups, oil changes, and tires. That is it.

I did stay in a holiday inn once.

big dog

Drum reaper is back. Good to hear from you bud. Let’s get together sometime.

big dog

quote:
Originally posted by Wando Grill

Drum reaper is back. Good to hear from you bud. Let’s get together sometime.

big dog

Lol. Sounds like a plan. I doubt 23 wants to hear me rifle off about my ecoboost though. Lol…

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

Trucks are meant to have v8s…

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
The next big thing?

http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_2015_ram_1500_could_sport_innovative_new_tailgate.html

I fail to see how this is innovative. My family had a Ford Country Squire (yes it had the faux wood panels) that had a tail gate that opened like a pickup or swung to the side.

Iain Pelto
Sea Hunt Triton 160 w/ 90 ETEC “JB3”
Native Manta Ray 14

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Hmm, mine has a I6.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

2007 GMC Sierra Classic 4x4 2500HD Allison Transmission and Duramax…I did replace one front hub bearing (was under warranty), other than that, I keep the fuel filter and oil changed regularly - no problems - I love my truck and like the 07 better than these new GMC’s. My boat is heavy but my truck pulls it almost like its not even there…BUT, the next time around, I will seriously consider the 2500 RAM with the Cummins motor. The sound and power of those motors alone sells me and ■■■■■■■■ has been positive. My only concern with Dodge has been the interior quality but Salty addressed that earlier and it sounds like Dodge has made some improvements.

No matter what, it will be a Diesel. I doubt I ever go back to a gas truck.

Good luck in the search…let us know what you end up with.

Billy
USCG Licensed Captain
—Team Pitt Crew–
Sailfish 236CC
F225 Yamaha

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Then forget the Dodge altogether…

Personally, I think every truck should have a nuclear reactor*.

:wink:

23 I know you said you don’t care about resale but here is one thing to think about. I have a 2011 tundra that I have put 85,000 miles on. I recently got a new job and have to sell my truck because my new company requires us to drive white vehicles. I went by the bank last week to find out how much I should sell my tundra for. Even after 3-years of use and 85,000 miles the bank has told me the vehicle is worth a mere $2,000 less that what I paid for it. I do not know of any other brand that holds their value nearly as good as this. Why would a truck hold it’s value this well? Could it have anything at all to do with the quality? I have owned several Fords and Chevy trucks in the past. Each one of those vehicles I put over hundred thousand miles on. Resell on those was about 60 to 70 percent of new. Each one also had some type of mechanical issue before I hit hundred thousand miles. With the big 5.7 I don’t get the best fuel efficiency however it pulls my 23 loaded down extremely well. Best luck with the purchase of your new vehicle everyone is telling me to hold out till September or October when they are trying to liquidate the 2014’s. I guess early fall I will be purchasing a white tundra. Also from other recent discussions on here, you might want to doublecheck with your financial planner and see how a new truck plays into retirement plans :slight_smile:

I have a 2006 with 76,000 miles and have been pleasantly surprised at what it is worth. I drove it to the Toyota dealership that we bought my wife’s Highlander from. The saleman came out practically drooling and asked me 3 times if I was interested in selling/trading my truck. I’d love a new one but my dang kids get all my money right now.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Picked up a Silverado tonight. Thanks for all the suggestions and constructive criticisms. I’ll let you know in a month how I like it. It’s certainly nice to be back in a truck again after the last two years in a sedan.

Coming up on a week and loving it so far. Trip to Colubmia full of tailgating gear Saturday morning and carried it to the boat ramp this afternoon to chase tailers. I’d say she’s broke in now.

No complaints. 20mpg with a full sized 4x4 isn’t too bad either.

23, what motor did you get in it:question:

5.3L

That ought to do the job:wink:

You better take that picture down before Peapod sees it…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

You’re right Tigerfin! Didn’t he say something about messing up 23’s truck at the ramp?[:0]