Gas prices?

The price of gas up here has gone up from 1.99 to 2.25 in the last 3 days, what has it done in the low country?

One store has gone up 20 cents in 2 days, 1.99 on Monday morning, 2.09 that afternoon to 2.19 this afternoon.

Better fill up now! The storm in Tx, has taken at least 1 refinery off line! The TX Gulf coast is 19% of the US capacity.

What kills me is when a storm rolls through the gulf, gas prices go up because of how it impacts our domestic oil but when something happens in the Middle East, gas prices go up because of our dependence on foreign oil. Yet through all of this, oil/gas companies have record profits. In a “regular” business, if something negatively impacts resources/production, it also has a negative impact on profits.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Any opportunity to raise prices. What bugs me is that even if they filled their tanks yesterday at one price, they’ll raise it tomorrow at the next price.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

What kills me is when a storm rolls through the gulf, gas prices go up because of how it impacts our domestic oil but when something happens in the Middle East, gas prices go up because of our dependence on foreign oil. Yet through all of this, oil/gas companies have record profits. In a “regular” business, if something negatively impacts resources/production, it also has a negative impact on profits.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Crazy how the oil companies try and say they have had a record loss but show billions in profit…

“Why Bruce?”

$1.99/Gal. @ Costco this morning @ 6am…

$1.97 at Sams still in Columbia.

I don’t worry about this much. We budget about $300 month on gas at the current prices. It could go up to $2.40 tomorrow and not really matter. I don’t live week to week fortunately, that $60 a month increase is enough to impact. If it went up to $3 and stayed, I might alter my driving habits slightly, but on the whole I think we should be good under Trump with gas prices. Everybody keep buying those big suvs still. :smiley:

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Careful, if SCE&G finds out that you have extra money left over in your monthly budget they will lobby for a rate increase…

They will anyway. I’ll just go build me a house off of natural gas and net zero on everything else.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I have seen stores go up several times on one delivery of fuel.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Gas in my town was 2.15 yesterday, 2.29 today. I bet it gets more expensive for the next week or two, and it might get scarce.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

+$0.40/gal increase in Greenwood. $2.09 2 days ago on the way out of town, filled up at $2.40 this morning.

BG

got it for $1.97 in Carlisle on Saturday, Greenwood was already $2.069

Columbia is $2.25 - $2.40

Pioneer 197SF

$2.10 in Columbia at 3 locations near Harbison. Gone up about .09.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Never mind. They just jumped up in some places to 2.45.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

$2.49 everywhere in the upstate

In W. Columbia, I-26 & Airport Blvd.- $2.25 at 9am, $2.39 at 10pm

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

$2.50 as of this morning in Rock Hill.

Yep, I’ve watched the place we usually buy at go from $1.94 to $2.44. Yaay.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?