GCR Bass Report

Bass are biting. Caught 4 on Saturday (including a 7lb 1oz monster) and caught 5 and lost 1 on Sunday. A buddy caught 1 on Saturday and a different buddy lost 3 and missed a couple on Sunday (hehehe). Missed a few bites each day. We fished about 4 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

15ft Dura-Craft 30hp Evinrude (My Baby!)

Man, I cant figure out that body of water worth anything. Any reccomendations?

Don’t go there?

well, I mean I guess the better way of saying it is, I dont know what im doing wrong, any advice would be appreciated.

I went there once and have no desire to go again. Fish were jumping everywhere saw about 50 20+# carp (stoopid trash fish) and couldn’t catch a buzz that place sucks so bad. I’ve heard you can catch slabs around the telephone poles, you should try that and then give me your catch so I can eat it. :sunglasses:

You just have to remember that, that place is constant boat traffic and annoying jet skis and is over fished. there is 100 people fishing there at any given moment. Good luck anyway…

Dude, you have no f**king clue what you’re talking about…

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

sure i do. I’m about the only one i know that catches 3-4 lb SMALLIES out of the brackish ■■■■ ashley river all day long! I know a lot of people who are bass fanatics like myself and no one likes the GCR. Always too many ■■■■ boats and always an ass of people fishing, only people who catch any good fish there are the people that fish there all of the time. I have a private 15 acre pond I also fish and caught a 8lb 6 oz early this year to add to my collection of 5 and 6 #ers. I know what I’m doing bro, the GCR is for people who fish the GCR. Keep it. :smiley:

quote:
I'm about the only one i know that catches 3-4 lb SMALLIES out of the brackish ■■■■ ashley river all day long!

Smallies in the Ashley? Got any pics?

Yeah, I’d like to see some too.

not yet, but they are there and idc what anyone says. I’ve only been in the ash a half dozen times and had good luck there all but once. I was told when I moved down here from the DC area that there wasn’t any smallies around here… that is complete hogwash.

Good, next time you catch one, take a pic…and be sure to notify SCDNR that smallies are in the Ashley.

I’ll never say it’s impossible for them to be there, but the closest smallie to here would be one that was caught in the upper part of Marion during a tournament a few years ago, and I haven’t heard of one since. They’re in the rivers in Columbia, and theoretically it’s possible for them to be here…but I’d have to see it to believe it.

well ■■■■ bro I didn’t think it was that big of a deal… I found out about it fishing on the dock behind big lots on dorchester rd when i watched some kid bring one in right @ 4#s. Everything I’ve caught has been the same area, check it out for yourselves. They are there. We have them in northern VA where I’m from, I promise you I know the difference.

Some of those brackish/black water largemouth have the bronzy color of a smallie, but look at the mouth…the closest varified smallie came from upper lake Marion 2 winters ago. Probably a winter visitor from the Congaree River, where they have spread from upstream.

You call yourself a bass fanatic, learn how to identify fish!!! You didn’t catch any smallmouth in the Ashley.

Smallies??? Man, get a fish ID book. Or new glasses! ROFLMAO

Excuses? I’ve heard them all!

Im not saying its not possible, but I would definetly need to see a pic.Ive caght hundreds of those things and if they are in there,Id rather target those than largemouyhs any day.

GCR is great! Dont hate on a body of water you dont know how to read!

Well I figured I would add my 2 cents. I have caught thousands of bass in south carolina and never once caught a small mouth. That dude seems foc to me. Pic needed for me to believe.

www.donaldbreland.webs.com

Yes unless he has the lower saluda confused with goose creek.Thats about the only place you will catch them around here.Smallies have to have cold water to survive and we do not have that.I wish there were some here though they fight a lot harder than a largemouth.