Get your 5.56 now

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/27/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/?intcmp=latestnews

quote:
ATF pushes bullet ban, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle

By Paul Bedard
Published February 27, 2015
Washington Examiner
Facebook991 Twitter466 Email Print
Now Playing

Rep. Goodlatte on plan to ban bullets by executive order
Never autoplay videos

It?s starting.

As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela?s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”> the president.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

They’ve tried it before, and will try it again. As long as people don’t freak and buy everything available, and stand up to the jackass president, then all will be well.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

That link doesn’t tell the whole story. It’s not all 5.56 that is in the proposed ban, it’s the M855 version of the ammo. The ATF is looking to reclassify the m855 (green tip) round as “armour piercing.” It was exempt from the ealier “armour piercing ban” but is now squarely in the cross hairs.

So to clarify, the proposed ban (and most would say it’s more than prosed) applies to the M855 round, not the standard 193 ball ammo. People are panicing enough as it is, no sense in giving them incomplete information and making it worse. Granted, I’m not in favor of ANY ban but again, people should at least know all of the facts before forming a plan of action.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/article/2560750?utm_campaign=Fox News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed#!

Earn it everyday

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

quote:
Originally posted by archer

That link doesn’t tell the whole story. It’s not all 5.56 that is in the proposed ban, it’s the M855 version of the ammo. The ATF is looking to reclassify the m855 (green tip) round as “armour piercing.” It was exempt from the ealier “armour piercing ban” but is now squarely in the cross hairs.

So to clarify, the proposed ban (and most would say it’s more than prosed) applies to the M855 round, not the standard 193 ball ammo. People are panicing enough as it is, no sense in giving them incomplete information and making it worse. Granted, I’m not in favor of ANY ban but again, people should at least know all of the facts before forming a plan of action.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/article/2560750?utm_campaign=Fox News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed#!

Earn it everyday

Yep good call archer. That being said if you like to shoot and have the means you might want to buy some rounds now (not 10K) before it affects all 5.56 ammo because IMO it will.

You gonna talk or FISH!

Until then, use this handy countdown clock until that clown is finally out of office.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=263&iso=20170120T00&msg=Time%20left%20until%20Obama%20leaves%20office

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

DF, I might use that timer for a Screen Saver:smiley:

I snagged the next to last 900 round can of M855 at the Academy up the street this morning.The guy that walked in after me got the last one!

Its all flying off the shelves.

Y’all keep driving the price up for me. When it hits $3.00/rnd I’m going to sell some.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

I did some checking on this last night and this AM. It seems the libs claim this round could be fired in a special built handgun and could potentially penetrate a Cop’s body armor. The FBI weighed in saying it had NEVER happened. If this round is to be banned for it’s capability of armor penetration, what about a 30-06 or 7mm or any number of other rounds that have the power to penetrate body armor.

Look out people! The skinny lawyer tried gun control through fast & furious and failed. Here he comes again!!!

ZX

I see why they are trying to ban the round. It will penetrate a half inch of steel without a problem, something a hunting bullet won’t do. But I also have never heard of anyone trying to use it to commit a crime either. The all out lie that someone could use it in a pistol is a joke as well. Unless they are talking about a pistol length upper, which isn’t exactly something you could use anyway.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Most hunting (rifle) rounds will penetrate body armor that the average LEO wears. In order to get body armor that would stop hi-power/hi-velocity rounds, it would be too heavy/thick to wear comfortably every day. This is just more mumbo jumbo crap from the clown in office to exert his control.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Is anyone surprised by this, the Democrat Party is not friendly to gun owners and a Democrat happens to be President.

Our NRA (coz I hope y’all are all members) is working with members of the House and Senate to put a stop to this.

However, who is the BATFE even really answerable to?

Contact Graham, Scott and your house member ASAP if you care about this.

ps - it’s not armor piercing ammo, it’s claassified as ball

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Originally posted by Native_Son

Our NRA (coz I hope y’all are all members) is working with members of the House and Senate to put a stop to this.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

That’s what the meat and potatoes of this ban is about, reclassifying M855. Years ago when the original classification that banned other “Armour piercing” offerings in other calibers, M855 managed to avoid being classified as such. Well, it’s being re-reclassified.
Most believe the ban is a done deal. The only thing left to figure out is what to do with M855 that’s still on retailer’s shelves. That said, it’s our responsibility to contact every representative and congressman we can and let them know where we stand on the issue.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

quote:
Originally posted by Native_Son

Yep. lifetime member here. The most important thing you can do to preserve your gun rights is to join the NRA. No question about it.

The NRA has over 5mil members can get stuff done. I am proud to be a member and if any organization is going to stop this BATFE crap, it’s them. I’ve sent letters to Graham, Scott and Sanford (my reps) and directly to the BATFE.

I meant that M855 is not classified in the US Army as armor piercing, it’s classified as Ball. M995 is the 5.56mm AP ammo, it’s a totally different round.

We’ve got WAY TOO MANY unelected bureaucrats in too many bureaus, departments, services, agencies etc making “rulings” with the force of law.

Couldn’t agree more but as far as the reclassification of this round, how the DOD classifies has no bearing on the BATFE and its reclassification of M855.

I fear this “panic buying” going on right now is going to hurt all 5.56 ammo. There are too many people out there thinking this is a move against all 5.56 ammo and therefore, even on any 193 load of 5.56, the demand is going up. Some ammo manufacturers haulted production of 193 ammo to increase M855 production because they figured the “panic buying” would center around the 855 load. M855 is definitely flying off of the shelves but all of your 193 loads are flying off faster. With production haulted and demand sky rocketing, price is surely soon to sky rocket as supplies dwindle. Simply put, “We the people” need to get better-informed and quit all of this knee jerk reacting. The same people “panic buying” are the same people that run to the grocery store and buy all of the milk and bread when a threat of severe weather is forecasted. If it were a muscle, commonsense would be the most under-excercised muscle on our bodies.

Earn it everyday

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/03/06/exclusive-atf-has-already-banned-common-at15-green-tip-ammunition-n1966761

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

It’s good to see that the BATFE immediately said it was a printing error (which sounds like BS). It shows they know they are “under the gun” (excuse the pun) on this one.

Democrats dont believe in the second amendment, Obama laid back first term, and once he won his second term he went all out to gut the 2nd Amendment. Nobody in that party is worth a vote if you believe in owning a gun. One is worse than the other if they have a D by their name.