Got2Go 5/13/15...Dolphin in the Slop

Window fishing 101…sometimes you nail it, sometimes you get nailed. What isn’t shown is the ride out there and back, before and after the front was passing. You know how it is, you “just gotta pick your days”, even at Caper’s and the Grillage.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

“Only in a Pioneer?” From those pictures plenty of boats could fish that “slop”

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Buoy showed a pretty nasty trip out first thing in the morning. It did lay down by the afternoon.
quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard

He caught them with 10 lbs of weedline, a box fan, and a tree on the line.

You know whats funny is that I totally forgot about that fish attached to the fan until I saw your post! Especially after the 30 pound bull with the tree attached…

Time to clean fish!

“mr keys”

quote:

I bet ya could get out there with some tidal rails…

Really nice trip. Hope to have half that success on Saturday. Plan to head to the banks.

Seafox 246 w 300 Yamaha

Awesome pictures. Was already ready after detailing my boat yesterday. Thanks for the report.

quote:
Originally posted by Got2Go

Window fishing 101…sometimes you nail it, sometimes you get nailed. What isn’t shown is the ride out there and back, before and after the front was passing. You know how it is, you “just gotta pick your days”, even at Caper’s and the Grillage.

Window fishing, as you call it, is going to catch up to you some day, especially in a 20’ boat. Anyone who went offshore in a 20’ boat yesterday has never been caught in the real stuff…know that.

Next time you come in, come heavy, or not at all…

From your pics it sure doesn’t look too bumpy.

21 Contender

New Sardine Jigskinz Popper ready to go… for revenge on Monday!

“mr keys”

quote:
Originally posted by northchucky

New Sardine Jigskinz Popper ready to go… for revenge on Monday!

“mr keys”

Pro Tip- Owner ST-66 or Even ST-76 for the trebles.

www.JigSkinz.com

10-4. Thanks Courtland, Andy has some to swap out

Nice job guys!

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:

Window fishing, as you call it, is going to catch up to you some day, especially in a 20’ boat. Anyone who went offshore in a 20’ boat yesterday has never been caught in the real stuff…know that.

I will search for you in the coastal bays and rivers, old man…

I will find you…

Know that.

quote:
Originally posted by Midgiemullet
quote:

I will search for you in the coastal bays and rivers, old man…

I will find you…

Know that.

Get into Grandpa’s cough syrup again, Craig?

quote:
Window fishing, as you call it, is going to catch up to you some day, especially in a 20' boat. Anyone who went offshore in a 20' boat yesterday has never been caught in the real stuff...know that.

I hope you are kidding. That or you haven’t done much offshore fising around here. Courtland knows what he’s doing and a rowboat could handle that “slop”.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Good work!

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:

Why you gotta be hatin’! Can’t we just all get along??

That’s an epic day. Great Job!

quote:

My bad.

Your boat could do it as well.

You’d want to stop every 5 miles and go around your boat with a good screwdriver tho…

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

quote:
Originally posted by Warbler
quote:
Originally posted by Got2Go

He’s been in real stuff. Not for everybody, I agree. And you’re right- it will catch up to you- but not necessarily with disaster. The brain in the captain’s head is more important than the size of his boat. Know that.

Another 197 Pioneer in 15-20kt NE winds grouper fishing-

I’d rather be in one of these boats than a ton of other larger boats when it’s rough out-

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Window fishing, as you call it, is going to catch up to you some day, especially in a 20' boat. Anyone who went offshore in a 20' boat yesterday has never been caught in the real stuff...know that.

I hope you are kidding. That or you haven’t done much offshore fising around here. Courtland knows what he’s doing and a rowboat could handle that “slop”.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I was talking about the “window” part, which I took to mean going fishing knowing that a weather front is expected to change things up at some point. Sometimes those brilliant weathermen are wrong as to when that front comes rolling through.