Gun Safe

Best place to get one locally? Not looking for the cheapest thing, not looking for the most expensive thing. Looking for the most “Bang for the buck” in the $1500-$2000 range…

Thoughts?

I know that F&S has a few, but haven’t looked at them too close and need one ASAP (probably in the next week). I was wondering if that was the only place in town or there are some more out there…

Palmetto State Armory has them at the Mt. Pleasant store.

Tractor Supply sells Winchester at a good deal, and for a little more money Gander Mountain has Liberty. GM has some great rebates on those right now also.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Old Village Armory is locally owned and operated.

Keep an eye out on Craigslist if you can move the safe yourself. Many people get rid of them instead of moving them.

Its not necessarily close to you but Griffin Enterprises in Chesterfield, SC is the best place in the state to purchase a safe (Mike Griffin). They have anything from new, to used, to old bank vaults. Very reasonable and they will deliver and put in place for a fee.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

Its not necessarily close to you but Griffin Enterprises in Chesterfield, SC is the best place in the state to purchase a safe (Mike Griffin). They have anything from new, to used, to old bank vaults. Very reasonable and they will deliver and put in place for a fee.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

This!!! When I buy one, this is where it will be from. The guy knows his stuff, too.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I know you’ve mentioned building a new home, so keep in mind the weight of your safe and have the floor reinforced for the extra weight! If you think it will be big enough get one bigger. IMO safes are like garages, they are never big enough! My brother -in- law up in New Hampshire just put in one and incorporated it behind his stairs, really neat set up that was going to be a linen closet.

If I’m babbling what you’ve already considered then my apologies for butting it:smiley:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

If you’re building, buy a vault door and have a vault built.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

House is near completion. Probably 1 month out. Floor was reinforced where safe will be. Too late to build a vault.

Thanks for all the tips. Looks like I have some shopping around to do.

Woody’s Jewelry & Pawn in Orangeburg is a Browning and Yeti dealer, and they carry other brands of safes

that place has a ton of firearms, are a Class 3 dealer and other stuff - great prices, some are the lowest I’ve ever seen

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Determine what size you need. Then go next size bigger. Once the wife realizes she can put pictures and documents and jewelry and stuff in there, it fills up quickly.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Tell her it will void the warranty if anything but firearms and firearm related items are put into it.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:

Determine what size you need. Then go next size bigger. Once the wife realizes she can put pictures and documents and jewelry and stuff in there, it fills up quickly.

Wadmalaw native

THIS!!!^^^^^^^^

There’s nothing worse than “outgrowing” a new safe shortly after you buy it.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:

Wadmalaw native

Unfortunately I have some space constraints that I need to work with, but I do want to get the biggest that will fit.

Berkley locksmith in Summerville has some safes as well. Sells, services, and delivery.

Not local, but we installed a safe in a custom house from Liberty safe. Really, really nice safe.
http://www.libertysafe.com/

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

Not local, but we installed a safe in a custom house from Liberty safe. Really, really nice safe.
http://www.libertysafe.com/

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, those liberty safes look pretty sharp, but as someone else mentioned, they are pricey... I need to hit up a couple places tonight to get a look at a few.

He got a 50 gun safe with an hour rating rating delivered for about $2500.00. Had a couple upgrades.