Health and Safety

Haha, never blocked anyone like you have… I can take it… However, this is about site rules, and you aren’t doing your job…

Easy is not a target. I suppose that you believe that you have never insulted. ?

If I’m a target, you’re a terrible shot… :joy:

I succeeded once. And I will again

Yeah, if you say so… I never got the memo, or was even impacted…

I’m a simple man that likes life simple… some ask to keep politics out of off topic, but continue to not do so? Had my first drink in a week, life is good people!!!

Back on topic again

Do your jobs TL3 members… Chunk this garbage in the dungeon…

Bay, thank you for posting this information!! People need to make smart choices over their Health and what goes into their body. Anyone at this point getting a covid booster has to be the group that road the short bus.

I agree, I’m hoping enough people will become informed to take proper steps to make informed choices going forward.

I heard all I needed to hear when it was said to be a hoax. You can’t lie then un-lie.

I would consider this health and safety.
Drop the wife at the front door Walmart and went and got a parking spot. Park next to a family getting in there truck. Father was fussing it the Son for showing his a$$ in Walmart.
Probably 7-8 years old. Father was leaning in the door told the kid that he keeps acting like that he’s going to tell Santa Claus. The little kids slapped his dad in the face. He told him that he is calling Santa Claus when we get home and shut the door.
That would have been one of my kids or grandkids, his little a$$ wouldn’t have been able to sit down for a month. And if I had done something like that to my mom or dad. I wouldn’t be here today to make this post.
And no he did not appear to be a special needs child. Just a little brat.
I wanted to get out and take my belt to his @$$. I can just imagine what his teachers are up against. Wow :astonished:

Stay informed make good decisions

It’s looking more like ivermectin was the cure

More lies.
Ivermectin. The drug ivermectin, used to treat or prevent parasites in animals and in humans, isn’t a drug used to treat viruses. The FDA hasn’t approved use of this drug to treat or prevent COVID-19 . Taking large doses of this drug can cause serious harm.

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

Ivermectin — a drug once touted as a Covid treatment by conservatives — doesn’t improve recovery much, clinical trial finds

PUBLISHED MON, OCT 24 20223:27 PM EDTUPDATED TUE, OCT 25 20223:49 PM EDT

• A team of scientists affiliated with Duke University found that ivermectin does not meaningfully improve the recovery of people with mild to moderate Covid.
  • “These findings do not support the use of ivermectin in patients with mild to moderate COVID-19,” they concluded.
  • A previous study found that ivermectin does not lower the risk of hospitalization from Covid.
  • The FDA has warned people against taking the tablets for anything other than their approved use.

Encouraged by right-wing doctor groups, desperate patients turn to ivermectin for long Covid

• Olivia Goldhill

By Olivia Goldhill
Almost two years have passed since Dean Fritzemeier fell ill with Covid in October 2020. As the rest of the world moves on, shrugging off new variants and traveling with a vengeance, he remains trapped in a life weighed down by the virus. Fritzemeier is always tired, but can’t sleep. The 52-year-old once walked 7 miles a day, but now can only get outside if he’s pushed in a wheelchair.

Along with millions of others, the Michigan resident has long Covid. He’s sought treatment at a rehab hospital and traveled to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, one of dozens of U.S. hospitals that have created programs to treat the still-mysterious syndrome. Nothing has helped. Out of desperation, he turned to an unproven remedy. Fritzemeier’s wife, Karen, heard about ivermectin from a cousin. “She said these people have the answers and the government is trying to kill us,” said Karen. “I didn’t believe all that. I just wanted to try something we had heard helped.”

They’re hardly alone. A horse dewormer and treatment for some human parasites, ivermectin was initially promoted, despite the lack of research, as a way to treat or prevent Covid infections. Now it is increasingly being marketed for long Covid, pushed by physicians with ties to political groups spreading anti-vaccine and anti-science messaging. There’s no credible evidence that supports ivermectin’s use for this purpose, and doctors at long-hauler clinics say they frequently see patients who’ve tried the drug without relief. But anecdotes of ivermectin working as a miracle cure swirl around social media, repeatedly referenced on Facebook groups for people suffering from long Covid.

Just came across this

NEJM: New Data on COVID-19 Lung Transplants

A Smidt Heart Institute analysis of lung transplantations performed nationally shows significant help for patients with severe, irreversible lung damage from COVID-19.

The analysis of more than 3,000 lung transplants in the U.S. between Aug. 1, 2020, and Sept. 30, 2021, showed that during the pandemic, 7% of the nation’s lung transplants were performed to treat severe, irreversible lung damage caused by COVID-19. More than half of these patients needed ventilators or extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, or ECMO, before their transplant.

“Our experience treating COVID-19 has shown us that ECMO can be used in carefully selected patients,

Joanna Chikwe, MD

Joanna Chikwe, MD

either as a bridge to lung transplantation, or to allow a patient’s own lungs to heal,” said Joanna Chikwe, MD, founding chair of the Department of Cardiac Surgery in the Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai, the Irina and George Schaeffer Distinguished Chair in Cardiac Surgery, and corresponding author of the data published in The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) . “Most of these COVID-19 patients would have been considered too ill to transplant a few years ago, and the surprising finding of our research was how well they did after lung transplantation.”

While on ECMO, a patient’s blood is pumped out of their body, put through an artificial lung, then pumped back into the patient’s body. The machine—similar to a heart-lung bypass machine—has been around for several decades, although its use for lung failure has increased significantly in the past decade.

In the past, ECMO has been widely considered a “Hail Mary pass” by experts. However, the technology has been employed so often during the global pandemic that Cedars-Sinai physicians have learned new, effective ways to utilize the machine and save lives.

Data published in NEJM was collected from the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the nonprofit organization that manages the nation’s organ transplant system. Results from 3,039 lung transplantations show:

· The average age of COVID-19 lung transplant patients was 52.

· 21% of COVID-19 lung transplant patients were female.

· 36.6% of COVID-19 lung transplant patients were Hispanic.

· Among the 214 COVID-19 lung transplants, the three-month survival was 95.6%.

· Of the 214 COVID-19 lung transplants, 140 patients had COVID-19 acute respiratory distress syndrome, and 74 patients had COVID-19 pulmonary fibrosis.

“Acute respiratory distress syndrome involves an acute inflammation of the lungs, resulting in decreased ability for the lungs to oxygenate and ventilate,” said Amy Roach, MD, a general surgery resident and Nagel Research Fellow in the Department of Cardiac Surgery in the Smidt Heart Institute and first author of the published data. “In some patients this progresses to COVID-19 pulmonary fibrosis, which causes scarring in the lung and is generally irreversible.”

Throughout the pandemic, Smidt Heart Institute physicians and surgeons have learned how best to treat patients with ECMO.

Dominick Megna, MD

Dominick Megna, MD

“Now we know we must mobilize patients and reduce sedatives, whenever possible,” said Dominick Megna, MD, surgical director of the Lung Transplant Program, assistant professor of Cardiac Surgery and an author on the study. “We also have a deeper understanding of how long an individual patient can safely remain on ECMO.”

Between July 2020 and June 30, 2021, Cedars-Sinai provided more than 30,000 hours of ECMO care to patients. Of those 30,000 hours, 21,000 hours were for patients with severe lung disease due to COVID-19.

“Our analysis suggests lung transplants may be a safe option for select patients with the most severe, irreversible lung damage from COVID-19,” said Reinaldo Rampolla, MD, medical director of the Lung Transplant Program at Cedars-Sinai and one of the authors. “However, our hope is that no one has to go through ECMO or lung transplant because of COVID-19. The best protection we have against severe, aggressive disease is vaccination.”

1 Like

Stay informed

Stay informed