Hey Bonzo

The European Model, shows Charleston, getting hit head on next Wednesday! What say you?

Gotta link?

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

The European Model, shows Charleston, getting hit head on next Wednesday! What say you?

I hope you didn’t just jinx us.

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

Nah! They changed it now anyway!

as of this morning looks like Cuba is gonna get hammered. Who knows with these things until they are only a day out. Right now Irma has shifted South…

“Why Bruce?”

Cuba?

I don’t understand.

I thought the new hurricanes only hit Nazi and Republican areas

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Cuba?

I don’t understand.

I thought the new hurricanes only hit Nazi and Republican areas

pee pop, you are incorrigible. It is after all the “Republic of Cuba”. They say that many old Nazi’s went there to hide out.

“Why Bruce?”

As of today the projected track!

always be prepared…this thing is a beast of a storm…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

After visiting Cuba if IRMA hits
it head on there will be nothing
left, it’s about to fall down now.

I blame Cantore…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Did I really just read an article that says if it heads into the warm Florida Strait water that it will increase to 225 mph? That’s End times kind of weather event folks.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

This morning’s GFS makes a hard right turn at the tip of Florida and it heads DIRECTLY to us…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Biggest hurricane in recorded history folks. Don’t take this one lightly. Even if you make it through the storm, the odds are, there won’t be a lot of infrastructure support afterwards (water, sewer, power, etc.). At least not initially.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

My plan is the same as always.

Cat 1/2 - we all stay
Cat 3 - wife and kid leave for the mountains (family) - boat in garage (somehow)
Cat 4 - wife and kid leave and I stay (I’m prepared) - boat in garage (somehow)
Cat 5 - we all go, and take the boat.

Wadmalaw native

I live in the midlands, my house is on 2 acres and i have 12 acres for the barn. Anyone at the coast is welcome to store their boats temporarily here while the storm hits, although if it hits us directly, im not sure how much it’ll help.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

I live in the midlands, my house is on 2 acres and i have 12 acres for the barn. Anyone at the coast is welcome to store their boats temporarily here while the storm hits, although if it hits us directly, im not sure how much it’ll help.

Proline 201WA

Just spoke with my agent, he says boat insurance covers the boat whether it’s in the garage or in the driveway or in someone’s shop or on someone else’s property…so rest assured you will not be liable if you do get people to take you up on that offer, good on you for doing that. Thanks

I have access to the shop on Wadmalaw that Robert Bentz built my boat in. It just occurred to me that if I store it there, and it gets destroyed, then it will have died where it was born…crazy.

Wadmalaw native

Full circle Bentz, heavy dude! Same as always here too.

Cat 1 - family may stay, party at my place
Cat 2 - wife, kids, dog to mountains/family, wife’s brother and I throw down at my place, no idea how boat ends up in garage
Cat 3 - “” + chickens get to crap all over the boat in the garage if I figure that one out
Cat 4 - “” + not sure about staying yet, still no idea how boat goes in garage
Cat 5 - we’re all gone, no boat to crap in, chickens are on their own

Ya’ll got some balls or no brains to want to sit in a stick frame house in 150 mph winds. Good luck.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

looks like the track keeps shifting it further to the east. aka directly into the carolinas.

Proline 201WA