Honey

Anyone know of a person or place to get local honey? Made on James Island or West Ashley? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bee City out on 61 in Round O area.

Double D.

Bee City is about the only place around, but its a good drive from James Island. Probably 45 minutes to an hour. Worth the trip in my opinion and take the kids along; its a fun trip for everyone.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Check in with Charleston Community Bee Gardens. I think they may only have a facebook page? There was an article in Sundays paper about them. I happen to be pretty good friends with Jim Strohm (their current president). He sets-up and runs hives all over the low country, in fact he does the hives for the Clemson Ag Extension heading south out of town. He passed along some honey from his hives to me a couple months ago and I will be taking my daughter to work some hives soon. Great guy, and really good honey.

John

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

They are selling some at Red Top Feed and Seed.

WS Tarpon 120
WS Tarpon 100
Heritage Ultralite 9.5
Ghennoe & 6hp Suzuki
Scout 153 & Yamaha 60

Earthfair sells bee city honey

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

Does anyone know how long honey lasts before it expires???

I’ll give you a hint… Get some for the apocalypse!!! :smiley:

PM Wando Grill

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke

PM Wando Grill

No, I'm sorry that is an incorrect answer to my question... Anyone else want to try?
quote:

Never. EDIT : Forever. Honey has been found that is thousands of years old and still fine to eat. It also has a lot of medicinal qualities.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:

Never. EDIT : Forever. Honey has been found that is thousands of years old and still fine to eat. It also has a lot of medicinal qualities.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Larry gets the gold star for today! Nice job!!!

Feed store in red top on 17 has it behind the counter - Saturday at the johns island farmers market 2 guys sell it as well I think it is there retired hobby

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha (under construction)

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

Send Bolbie a pm.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

I don’t think honey goes bad , sometimes it will go to sugar, if it does sugar , place honey jar in med. hot water off stove and let sit,
it’ll go back to liquid in short time!!!:smiley:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

quote:
Larry gets the gold star for today! Nice job!!!

I think I remember reading that jars of honey were found in some of the pyramids that were still good.

Plenty of local honey available around here. I’ve been thinking about putting in a couple of hives and trying it myself.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

Wonder what the local bees eat around here.

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke

Wonder what the local bees eat around here.

Pretty much anything that makes a flower.

Tupelo honey imo is one of the best. True Tupelo honey is a bit hard to find. Often marketed but seldom the real deal.

If you have young kids Bee city is a cool place to go for the petting zoo and honey.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Bee City is about the only place around, but its a good drive from James Island. Probably 45 minutes to an hour. Worth the trip in my opinion

You need more friends. You have the capabilities to do this. 3 friends have this setup. These are Bolbies fenced in bees.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

I have seen local honey sold at the market at Marion Square.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Who the heck would be around that many bees… Bolbie is my hero.