Hot summer, beware the reality

Unless you have been living in a state of suspended animation, you have been barraged by climate propaganda all summer. “This is the hottest summer everywhere.” As we listen to this hyperbole and lies, many of us don’t take the time to check records or temps from the past. I not the “what it feels like” BS but actual Temperature. I am going to talk about the lowcountry. Here in Colleton County, it has been just another summer, and I have some facts to prove it. While paying my power bill( ok the wife paying it), I decided to compare this summer to last summer, literally date by date. Keep in mind that NOTHING has changed at our residence. We are keeping our temperatures the same and we continue to run our pool pump and outdoor lights in the very same manner. Presently, from 17 May 23 until 18 Aug 23, we have used 7904 KW of electricity. From 17 May 22 until 18 Aug 22, we used 8489 KW of electricity. We used 585 less KW’s of electricity this year than last year at exactly the same time. That is an average of 6.5 KW per day less this year than last year. That is a pretty good indication that it is not as hot this summer as last! I would be curious to know how many folks could make the same comparison and learn similar information. We are once again being lied to, by the govt, the MSM and just about everyone in “positions of authority.” Be aware of that reality and false narrative being told to us through the media outlets.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a fake climate scientist to understand Fred’s previous post! As usual while on one hand the climate alarmist warn us not to use local conditions to justify a negative opinion on climate change , the alarm screamers are quick to attempt to justify their position based on local weather.

Hey NB, I hope you had a good show in N.C.

It was kinda flat here in Greenville.

Ammo. seems to be coming down. A couple of vendors had 250 rds. of 9mm (FMJ) in the can, for $85.00. Not a bad deal in comparison to recent shows!

Didn’t mean to derail the thread.

Please proceed…

Reality is ,Fox News reported that water in Florida Keys reached 100+.

Florida water topped 100-degrees twice this week, may have set world record: ‘This is a hot tub’

The water in a Jacuzzi is typically between 100 and 102 degrees

By Lawrence Richard Fox News

Rizzuto said nearby buoys measured in the 98- and 99-degree range. A 2020 study listed a 99.7-degree mark in Kuwait Bay in July 2020 as the world’s highest recorded sea surface temperature.

Florida’s potential record comes as sea surface temperatures worldwide have broken monthly records for heat in April, May and June, according to NOAA.

Areas across the United States and around the globe have witnessed record-setting temperatures this month — over land and sea.

NASA Clocks July 2023 as Hottest Month on Record Ever Since 1880

This map shows global temperature anomalies for July 2023 according to the GISTEMP analysis by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies. Temperature anomalies reflect how July 2023 compared to the average July temperature from 1951-1980.

Facts are facts.

“Ever Since”?

BREAKING: 1,609 Scientists have signed a Declaration ‘There is NO CLIMATE EMERGENCY’ that justifies Eliminating Fossil Fuel

What do a Nobel laureate, a retired University of Wyoming engineering professor and a geologist have in common? They are among the more than 1,600 scientists, researchers, professors, engineers and lawyers who signed their names to a declaration stating that there is no climate emergency.

Kevin Kilty, who is a retired adjunct professor of mechanical engineering at the University of Wyoming,(said) that when it comes to measurements of weather extremes, the observations don’t show any trends outside natural weather variability.

“There’s no unequivocal data that suggests that weather is getting worse or storms are getting more intense,” Kilty said.

The declaration is the work of Climate Intelligence, also known as CLINTEL, an independent foundation that was founded in 2019.

The declaration disputes the idea that climate change is driving an unparalleled catastrophic disaster that requires a panicked, alarmed response.

It states that natural factors can also influence climate. It declares that climate models haven’t accurately predicted the rate of warming and exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gasses.

It argues there’s no statistical evidence that global warming has intensified hurricanes, droughts or floods, or makes them more frequent.

Therefore, it concludes, there is no climate emergency that justifies eliminating fossil fuel usage by 2050. Instead of policies that mitigate emissions, whatever the causes of the warming trend, the declaration calls for adaptation.

The organization first released the declaration in 2022 with more than 1,100 signatories. It was released again this week with the list growing to 1,609.

“There’s a growing group of scientists who are in strong disagreement. No, it’s certainly not as unanimous as Al Gore thinks,” Clauser said.

Facts are Facts…

Right?

End of round one–Subtotal

MixedNutz and Fred = 2

Bolbie = 1

To be fair, Freds point was not all that solid as he failed to link any substantiated facts supporting his position like everyone else did, but a point was awarded anyway.

I’m just waiting on an attack from Fred, as to why I can share information, as a Moderator?

LMAO…

You know, I have to promote diversity, and inclusion…

??

Just my thoughts as an
active Member…

The buoy in Florida that registered the high temp was in 5 foot of water in an area located out of any natural circulation. If we placed a buoy in 2 foot of dark dirty water the temp would soar much higher. It doesn’t take a fake climate scientist to figure that out.

Did you believe the manipulated fake hockey stick graph too?

Also , in the heat image photo you posted the most striking red (hot) area was in Antarctica.

No attack here. Why would you assume an attack, that’s just childish? With those three in a row and your earlier one on not wanting to sidetrack this thread, it could be seen as the other way around.

Polly, do you believe Earth is coming out of an ice age? Also do you believe as our Earth is roughly 4.5 BILLION years old? Man has only been recording weather accurately for 100 or so years. During this time we have broken many records for heat and cold. There is no question that Earth will continue to warm, weather man is on her or not, until the next inevitable cooling into another Ice Age.

Just my ramblings, but I believe our Earth needs more c02 not less. Volcanic activity has slowed down and man needs to step up. More co2, better plant life. Better plant life more oxygen and a cleaner atmosphere.

neat article. Unknown Earth: Why is Earth’s climate so stable? | New Scientist

What would we get for our money if we spent the 50 trillion dollars the climate change folks want us to spend? They believe if we could spend (squander) that amount over the next 26 years (2050) we could “help” save the world. Problem is they can’t tell us how much global temps would drop with that kind of spending.

1 Like

You claimed we were being “lied to” by the Govt , and this and that , blah, blah blah

You based your findings from analyzing a power bill in Colleton County, hooray for you.

I was simply stating that the highest water temperature recorded, happened this summer in the Florida Keys. How is this a lie? Who is the Government agency that is not telling the truth about water temp in The Keys?

Reality is, the water was as hot as a hot tub…I am no scientist/biologist , but I have a strong belief that water that hot will kill/alter sea life.

1 Like

Blah blah blah.
It’s just Earth going thru natural changes. We have ice ages & then thaws & starts all over again. It’s just mother nature doing her thing. Don’t worry our idiot president will probably end mankind before any climate disaster ever would.

Poly , you failed to recognize that the buoy that gave that high reading is In only in 5’ of water with a dark colored bottom in an area with little circulation . Yet the alarmists like you extrapolate that one spot to the claim that the oceans are warming in crisis manns

Of course many suspect a stretch front the people that manipulated the hockey stick graph

1 Like