How many Ford owners on CFC

The question is, now that Ford, has said they are moving all Ford, small car production to Mexico, will you continue to buy Ford:question: I have a Ram, that was 85% made in the USA, but assembled in Mexico! At least that’s what the sticker said:question: I for one, will take that into account when buying in the future!

Not me. We drive Toyotas. Built in Kentucky :smiley: Go figure.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Yeah, but Larry where was it produced compared to assembled! Makes a difference, for jobs!

Another entry for Toyota, this time tied for top spot on the list. The Tundra, Toyota’s larger pickup model achieves a Kogod Index Score of 78.5, far outclassing Ram, Chevy, and GMC models. The Tundra is not only assembled in the United States, but also has its transmission and engine built here as well. As for the percentage of North American content, the Tundra sees 75 percent of its materials sourced from America. Very impressive for a Japanese-born pickup, as it’s obvious Toyota’s efforts to appeal to American buyers is paying off with its models remaining popular choices for truck fans.

Where did you cut and paste that from Bolbie:question: Toyota’s web site:question:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Where did you cut and paste that from Bolbie:question: Toyota’s web site:question:

Hell if I know, but you got your answer, correct?

The new Tundra I ordered is rolling down the assembly line in San Antonio, TX. I used to drive Fords. Dad and brothers all drive Chevy 2500 HD. All three said they would switch to a Tundra if Toyota would come out with it in a heavy duty diesel so they can get the tow capacity they need for farm equipment, hay, etc.

'99 F-250 Superduty 7.3 liter diesel. Oldie, but a Goodie! Newer trucks can’t hold a candle to it. Ford Trucks and SUV’s will still be made in the USA, if that’s any consolation.

I drive a Toyota Landcruiser, wife has a Honda Pilot and we have a Ford Excursion for traveling. It’s a big nice truck and we can haul whatever we want to take. But I do love my Toyota!

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

My dad and one of my brothers still have problems comprehending the fact that there are no pure American-made cars any more. They still like to believe that they are “buying American” when they buy a Ford, Chevy, or Fiat…I mean Chry-Chry-Chrysler. They would absolutely hate an article like this: https://www.cars.com/articles/the-2016-carscom-american-made-index-1420684865874/.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Tundra, Highlander and 1999 S10 in our driveway. Would love another Tundra but mine only has 88,000 on it so it is just getting broken in. Can’t beat the reliability and value of Toyota or Honda and as someone said, my Tundra was built in Texas.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Have a '98 F150 and 2013 F150

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

quote:
Would love another Tundra but mine only has 88,000 on it so it is just getting broken in.

It’s still young :smiley: Mine has 210,000 on it, my wife’s has 280,000 on hers. Both still running good. Done nothing to either but oil and fluid changes, brakes, tires and one alternator. Just normal service.

I had a Ford F150. Had a good bit of trouble with it. Too much. My son totaled it for me though, so that problem was solved :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

95 GMC Sierra 1500 185k miles would love to get a Tundra!

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

I love my Fords always have always will. I’ve got several and my first was a 1965 F100.

I’ll say this from 2005ish up in the truck line pretty much everything is on an equal playing field Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Toyota … and even the Nissan titan all seem to have equal good and bad points. I’ve worked on them all.

While I love my fords, you can’t beat an old straight axle Toyota 4x4 for easy of maintenance and longevity (even if neglected). Sold a 1985 to my cousin with 310,000 on it. Still running to this day.

Hard to find stateside, but Toyota made a diesel engine 83-88 that would run for ever. not a power house, but one tough engine Ok I’m off topic… i quit.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Not me. We drive Toyotas. Built in Kentucky :smiley: Go figure.

Ditto, our Yotas have been the best vehicles we have ever owned!

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

2000 Toyota. 129000 miles. Last thing I got for me before a wife and daughter. I ****en love that truck…

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

Chevy 2500. 234k miles. Done nothing. Out hauls, out tows, and has had less problems than my brother 2 Tundras. I do like the Yotas though. They are well designed and look nice. I had a 1971 Land Cruiser that I rebuilt so I am not trying to hate on Toyota, I just really like my 2500HD. If I had to have a 1/2 ton though, Tundra all day.

To answer the original question, I don’t think I will ever own a domestic car. German and Japanese for me. I might buy a Volvo built by our buddies in Monks Corner though.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Toyota Tundra
Chevrolet Suburban

7 super duties, 1 excursion and 14runner… I love to drive the 4runner everywhere when not at work or towing… its a thirsty little truck.

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield